14 Italians, 1 Indian in ITBP’s quarantine area tested coronavirus positive – india news

Fourteen of the 24 Italian citizens brought to the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) quarantine facility in Chhawla near Delhi have shown that they are coronavirus positive, officials familiar with the matter have reported. An Indian is also among those who have shown themselves to be positive, officials said.

The 24 (21 Italian citizens and three Indians) were in the same group as the Italian citizen who previously proved positive for the virus, officials said. The three Indians in the group are the guide, the bus driver and the help of tourists.

The Italian tourist was the sixth confirmed coronavirus case in India.

His 69-year-old Italian wife also tested positive for the virus on Tuesday, but her samples were sent to Pune for another test. The couple were held in solitary confinement at the Sawai Man Singh (SMS) hospital in Jaipur.

See also Coronavirus: 28 positive cases in India; PM Modi will skip the events of Holi Milano

Regarding the spread of the virus, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a thorough review of the preparation on Tuesday. He urged people not to panic and instead to take basic protection measures.

A Mayur Vihar man in Delhi who had recently traveled to Italy had tested positive on Monday. He was transferred to a quarantine ward at Safdarjung hospital on Sunday evening.

One of the schools in Noida, on the outskirts of Delhi, where the son of the man from Delhi is an elementary class student, said it will be closed from 4 to 6 March, while the other has declared that it will remain closed until Saturday. Another school has also closed as a preventive measure against coronavirus.

However, samples of six people from Noida who came into contact with the Delhi resident tested negative for the virus.

India has stepped up the screening process. On Tuesday, the Ministry of Health of the Union issued a travel notice suspending all regular visas / e-visas granted on March 3 or earlier to citizens of Italy, Iran, South Korea and Japan who have not yet entered India.

The advisory also suspends the arrival visa (VoA) issued on March 3 to Japanese and Korean citizens who have not yet entered India.

.

Leave a Comment