KOMPAS.com – Wednesday (16/9/2020), Hindus will celebrate Galungan Holy Day which is the day of victory of good over evil.
Hindus will go to pray in the temple in their respective villages in the morning. Then proceed to the family temple to the family reunion temple.
Usually, there are also moments where other people wish Happy Galungan Day to the Hindus who celebrate.
According to the Professor of Tourism at the University of Udayana Bali, I Gede Pitana, the correct pronunciation is actually Happy Galungan Holy Day, not a holiday.
No matter what you say, there is a meaning stored in the greetings of Galungan Holy Day.
He explained that the meaning of the chanting was praying for each other to receive protection from God and the ancestors.
The addition of the word ancestors in the congratulations is the philosophy of Hindus who strongly believe that the ancestors are a bridge between humans and God.
“So the protection of ancestors is very important in Bali. And if we see, pretending in Bali is mostly a temple for the ancestors, not for God. That’s the real meaning,” he explained.
If you are still confused about how to say Happy Galungan Holy Day to Hindus, below Kompas.com the summary of the group is summarized from Pitana and Tribune Bali:
1. Happy Celebrating the Holy Galungan Day, May Dharma Win Over Adharma
2. Happy Holidays Galungan, May God and the Ancestors Always Give Gifts to All of Us
3. Happy Galungan Day, May the Meaning of Dharma Victory Over Adharma We Can Implement It in Our Daily Life
4. Happy New Year Galungan and Kuningan all of you. May God bless you with peace.
(Congratulations on the feast of the universe Galungan and Kuningan all my relatives. May Ida Sang Hyang Widhi Wasa give peace)
5. For the Balinese (Hindu) brothers and sisters who live in Indonesia are living abroad. Good day Galungan and Kuningan. May God Almighty seek peace.
(To the relatives of Bali (Hindus) all who live in Indonesia and also abroad. Happy Hari Raya Galungan and Kuningan. May Ida Sang Hyang Widhi Wasa give peace)
6. Carrying frogs in Ceningan, Rahajeng Galungan and Kuningan. New long-sleeved shirt, hopefully always healthy and happy. Banten saeban in the temple, there is no more sinampure.
(Batting pigs in Ceningan. Congratulations Galungan and Kuningan. New long-sleeved clothes, hopefully you will stay healthy and happy. Banten saeban in the temple, no more apologies)
7. Advance to all the people of Se-Dharma then together. Good day Galungan and Kuningan. By praying to God, we will find salvation.
(To all of Se-Dharma’s relatives. Have a happy holiday Galungan and Kuningan. Hopefully from the blessings of Ida Sang Hyang Widhi Wasa, we can find mercy)
8. Blessed be the day of Galungan and Kuningan. May God bless us and our salvation.
(Congratulations on welcoming Galungan and Kuningan holidays. May Ida Sang Hyang Widhi Wasa provide blessings and mercy)
9. Numbas pajeng ring Kedonganan, memargi nyambi numbas ajengan. Blessed Galungan and Kuningan, let us all find happiness.
(Buying an umbrella in Kedonganan, walking while buying food. Happy Galungan and Kuningan Holidays, I hope we all find blessings)
10. Blessed are the days of Galungan and Kuningan, the glory of the Lord and the glory of his people.
(Happy Galungan and Kuningan Holidays, to all of us, especially Hindus everywhere) “
11. Lugrayang I wish you luck to stay in Galungan today. And let our work always go well.
(Allow me to congratulate Galungan at this time. And I hope our ceremony will always go well)
12. Blessed be the face of Galungan and Kuningan (Happy Hari Raya Galungan and Kuningan). On this day of dharma let us always spread compassion to all the people so that this earth becomes light so that it is far from disaster.
13. Blessed be the day of Galungan and Kuningan, may the Lord Widhi Wasa suaeca Asung Kertha Wara Nugraha be with you all.
(Happy Hari Raya Galungan and Kuningan, may the Almighty God always bless us all)
14. Blessed be the day of Galungan and Kuningan, may the Lord Widhi Wasa wish you peace and prosperity in the same world.
(Happy Hari Raya Galungan and Kuningan, may Almighty God always provide the well-being and security of this universe)
15. Blessed be the day of Galungan and Kuningan, may the Lord Widhi Wasa grant you peace and prosperity to all who live
(Happy Hari Raya Galungan and Kuningan, may the Almighty God grant prosperity and safety to all living beings)
16. Blessed be the day of Galungan and Kuningan, may the Lord Widhi Wasa grant you peace and prosperity
(Happy Hari Raya Galungan and Kuningan, May God Almighty grant prosperity and safety to all of us).