During the week of November 9 to November 15 (week 46), the average number of confirmed cases is 80 cases per day (compared to the 95 cases on average in week 45 and 76 cases in week 44).
This week shows a slight decrease compared to the previous week to find the level of week 44. The number of cases is stable at around 600 cases per week. In week 46, the incidence rate is 66/100 000. Above the “national alert threshold” (50/100 000), it nevertheless remains significantly lower than the incidence rate observed for the whole of France (240 cases / 100,000)
It should be noted for the other indicators:
– The number of imported cases (return from travel) represents only 6% of the new cases of the week, i.e. the lowest rate of the last 3 weeks,
– the incidence rate among 15-24 year olds remains high at 117.7 / 100,000 but decreasing compared to the previous week (136.8 / 100,000),
– the incidence rate among those over 74 is down compared to the previous week,
– the test positivity rate remains below the vigilance threshold (less than 5%),
– the number of tests is slightly lower,
– the weekly number of admissions to medicine and intensive care has decreased compared to the previous week.
To date, 18 clusters are active and 66 have been closed since August.
This situation calls for the continued vigilance of everyone in the application of barrier gestures on a daily basis and in all circumstances in order to contain the epidemic on the island. The mask should be worn whenever the distance of one meter cannot be maintained to avoid transmission of the virus. Groups of more than 6 people must be limited.
It is particularly recalled that:
– any person showing symptoms must be tested as soon as possible, either by contacting their attending physician, or by going to a medical biology laboratory or to a drop-in sampling center;
– travelers arriving in Réunion must be screened from 2 days after their arrival, in accordance with the SMS sent to them by the ARS;
– everyone is invited to download the TousAntiCovid application on their mobile phone, which facilitates information for contact persons and thus enables the chains of transmission of the virus to be broken more quickly.
FIGURES FOR 19 AND 20 NOVEMBER
The prefecture and the Regional Health Agency regret to announce this Friday, November 20, 2020 a death linked to covid-19. Hospitalized at the CHU, the patient was over 60 years old and presented with significant comorbidities. The authorities extend their sincere condolences to the family.
In addition, the authorities confirm 209 new cases of coronavirus covid-19 recorded in Reunion on November 19 and 20, i.e. a daily average of 105 cases over 2 consecutive days.
Among the new cases:
150 cases are classified as indigenous,
4 cases are classified as imported,
6 cases are classified as secondary indigenous,
· 49 cases are under investigation.
Among the cases previously announced during the investigation:
171 cases are classified as indigenous,
7 cases are classified as imported,
3 cases are classified as secondary autochthones,
· 6 cases are invalidated following additional investigations.
EPIDEMIOLOGICAL SITUATION AS OF 20 NOVEMBER 2020
In total, 7,501 cases have been diagnosed in the territory since the appearance of the first case on March 11, 2020, including 65 medical evacuations under regional solidarity.
As of November 20, 2020, excluding death, taking into account the 6,660 cures, 798 cases are still active to date.
7,396 cases have been investigated to date by the ARS, Public Health France and Health Insurance, 11% of which are imported cases.