Affected by Covid-19 and dengue, he becomes blind and paralyzed after a cobra bite

Relentless fate or sad chance? The story of this Briton, living in the north-west of India, is almost like a curse. Ian Jones was infected with the coronavirus, malaria and dengue, tropical influenza transmitted by the bite of a mosquito. But the bad luck did not end there: the man was bitten by a king cobra, a deadly snake, making him blind and paralyzed.

Before the bite fatal, this Briton was stuck in India, arousing the concern of his family. In fact, “he had not been able to return home because of the Covid-19 pandemic” and “we were naturally concerned”, testifies his son. But “when we learned that he had also suffered a bite from serpent fatal in addition to everything he had been through, we honestly couldn’t believe it“, he told the media Skynews.

Fundraising launched

This Briton, who worked in the field of health, moved to Inde where he had been helping for months Indian artisans “who suffer from poverty”, details BFMTV. It works in close collaboration with an association to support these suffering populations.

Due to blindness and paralysis from the bite, Ian Jones is currently being treated in intensive care at a hospital nationwide. The man “is stable for the moment although he has paralysis in his legs and blindness, which we hope to be temporary“, specified his son. The victim will however” remain in the hospital for a certain time “.

To support him in this ordeal, his company, the Indian social enterprise Sabirian, launched fundraising to cover his medical costs and treatment.

The editorial staff recommends you


Read more

.

Leave a Comment