Last Tuesday, Microsoft started launching the Windows 10 operating system update – Spring Update – for all users around the world, and the new update called “Windows 10 May 2021 Update” Windows 10 May 2021 Update and version number (21H1) comes with a few changes Edits.
Because, according to many reports, Microsoft is on its way to launch a major update to the entire operating system interface in the October update – Fall Update – which will be part of the company’s focus on completely revamping the operating system, as the next update is expected to be one of the largest updates that the operating system will receive. Windows 10 since its launch in 2015.
With no more detailed reports on how Microsoft has done this yet, here is what you should know about version 21H1 of Windows 10, which was launched on Tuesday.
First: What is version 21H1 of the Windows 10 operating system?
Version (21H1) of Windows 10 is the first update to the operating system this year and is also known as the Spring Update or May 2021 Update, and it began rolling out to the general public on the 18th of May.
But unlike what Microsoft has been doing in previous years, where we find that the company usually releases a larger feature update in the spring (May) and a smaller update in the fall (October), but instead (21H1) is a slightly more minor update than a fix. All inclusive.
Second: What are the new features in the May 2021 update?
According to Microsoft that the update for the first half of this year focuses on user feedback more, as it stated in its official blog: “The features that we release in this update focus on the basic experiences that customers have told us that they rely on a lot at the present time, so we have improved this version to support Our customers’ most urgent needs.
Some of the new features in the Windows 10 May 2021 Update include:
- Windows Hello multi-camera support, which allows users to choose an external camera when using high-definition displays with built-in cameras.
- Improvements to Windows Defender Application Guard, including improved document opening scenario times.
- Improvements to the GPSVC update for WMI windows to support remote work.
- The update also includes new icons, updated settings pages, some tweaks to the Cortana voice assistant, and an improved search box experience.
Third: How to download the May 2021 update from Windows 10:
The company started pushing the Windows 10 update for May 2021 to the general public since the 18th of this month, specifically for Windows 10 computers running the 2004 version and later versions, and if the update does not appear to you, wait a few weeks, and to verify that the update is available, follow the following steps:
- Go to the (Settings) page on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on the option (Update and Security) Update & Security.
- Click on the Windows Update section at the top of the left sidebar of the screen. If the update is available for installation, press the Download and install option.
Notice: Microsoft recommends that users wait for the update to reach their devices, and not use the (Media Creation) tool, or any other tool to install the update manually. To ensure that you don’t encounter any major issues when updating Windows 10.
It is worth noting that Microsoft has stated that the operating system (Windows 10x OS) designed for dual-screen devices, such as: Surface Duo and Surface Neo, has stopped its launch plan this year as expected, and instead the company is now planning to introduce some Windows 10X features. In the current operating system Windows 10, such as the refurbished touch keyboard.