Doctor Frédéric Péchier, anesthetist in Besançon indicted Thursday for seventeen new cases of suspected poisoning of patients, was left free under judicial supervision, contrary to the request of the prosecutor, said Friday his lawyers.
"Judicial review, as it had been the case for two years, was pronounced. We consider it a good decision ", which" differs from what could be a runaway judicial, "told the press Jean-Yves Le Borgne, one of his lawyers, quoted on BFMTV.
READ ALSO>The very disturbing Doctor Péchier
Dr. Péchier, already indicted in 2017 for seven cases of poisoning, was again indicted for "poisoning on vulnerable person" for seventeen new cases of patients, seven of whom died.
The public prosecutor, Etienne Manteaux, announced Thursday afternoon, at a press conference, request the detention of the 47-year-old doctor, but after several hours of closed session, the judge of freedoms and detention left him free, under judicial control, as it has been since 2017. He is forbidden to practice his profession.