Because of rape case: But no contract for Robinho at Santos

Under pressure from sponsors and fans, the contract between FC Santos and the Brazilian soccer player Robinho, who had been convicted of gang rape allegations, was suspended after just a week. The player should be able to concentrate fully on his defense in the process that is running in Italy, it said in a message on the club’s website on Friday evening.

The Brazilian sports portal Globe Sports published on Friday the content of audio files with piquant details and explicit statements that the Italian judiciary is said to have used for the verdict against Robinho. Zé Roberto, a former professional in the German Bundesliga, was “shocked” on Brazilian sports television by the statements attributed to his former national team colleague.

Leave a Comment