Home World Britain warns Iran of the oil tanker seized in the Hormuz Strait

Britain warns Iran of the oil tanker seized in the Hormuz Strait

20

CLOSE

President Trump asked Iran “just trouble” after saying that he had heard from the U.K that tankers were seized in the Hormuz Strait.
US TODAY

London – British Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt warned Iran "serious consequences" unless he releases a British flag oil tanker he caught in Friday's strategic Hormuz Stream, although he rejected "military options."

It could have been the "Stena Impero" to seize the most significant increase in tensions between Iran and the West since they started to rise in May, about a year after the United States achieved internationally focused on Iran's nuclear program.

The Pentagon announced that it authorized troops to move to Saudi Arabia as an "additional barrier," adding to the 1,000 troops sent to the Middle East in June.

The event is a cause of concern around the world, and everyone feared that any misunderstanding or misrepresentation at both sides could lead to war.

"It is imperative that freedom of navigation is maintained and that all ships can move safely and freely in the region," said Hunt in late Friday, before an emergency government meeting. He then told the British media "that we are looking at a diplomatic way to resolve the situation, but we are very clear that it needs to be resolved."

Around one fifth of the world's crude oil exports goes through Chaolas Hormuz.

An undated distribution photograph provided by Stena Bulk shows that the British oil tanker "Stena Impero" is registered at sea. (Photo: EPA-EFE) t

The Iranian Revolutionary Choir (IRGC) said Friday that the "Stena Impero" was brought to Iranian port as it was not complying with "international maritime laws and regulations." On Saturday, IRNA news agency run by Iran reported that the "Stena Impero" collided with an Iranian fishing boat, which left him damaged, and failed to respond to calls. from the smaller vessel. The fishing boat provided information to Iran's Maritime Ports and Organization, which informed the IRGC. The IRGC launched an investigation.

A statement from Stena Bulk, owned by the seizure owner, stated that there were 23 staff on board when seized. They are from India, Russia, Latvia and the Philippines. There were no reports indicating that any of them were injured.

Another British ship was held on Friday before she was allowed to go. The British owner of the Liberian flag, but owned by the British, said that there were armed guards on board. A vessel left "Mesdar" territorial waters of Iran, state states of Iran said.

"This does not just reflect what I am saying about Iran: Trouble," President Donald Trump said to reporters in the White House. "Nothing but trouble."

Trump refused to say whether the movements in Iran crossed a "red line" or how the United States could respond to them. He noted that the United States has a maritime security agreement with Britain.

The most recent adventure continues a threat from Iran to seize a British oil tanker in the Gulf of Persia after British Royal Marines earlier this month seized an Iranian tanker from Gibraltar, in the Mediterranean, suspected of carrying oil with Syria in breach of sanctions. European Union. Iran denied that the ship was on its way to Syria.

A nearby US patrol aircraft is monitoring the situation in the Hormuz Strait, and the Naval Forces Central Command is in contact with American ships in the area to ensure their safety, an official of the Department of Defense said. Britain launched additional warships in the area and accompanied oil tankers in the region.

The Chief Executive stated that a "multinational maritime effort," known as "Operation Sentinel," is being developed to increase the security of the Mid-East waterways.

Last month, Trump suddenly canceled a planned attack on Iran after the country drone without reducing staff, but its administration has kept a policy to try to control Iran's leaders. Days after his withdrawal of the strikes on Iran, Trump threatened to use a “large force” against Iran if he attacked any US assets or personnel. Trump announced that "the destruction" of the Iranian drone on Thursday. Iran said there is no evidence.

Contributed: Doug Stanglin, Nichola Wu, David Jackson, Donovan Slack and John Fritze, from Washington, D.C. Related Press

Read or Share this story: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2019/07/20/britain-warns-iran-over-seized-oil-tanker-strait-hormuz-us-iran – teannas / 1784626001 /

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.