MANILA – On Sunday, the province of Cavite confirmed its second case of COVID-19, an “apparent case of community broadcast,” said its governor.
The patient, a doctor, is confined to a private hospital in the city of Silang, said Governor Jonvic Remulla, Jr.
It is not immediately known whether the case falls among the 111 reported by the Department of Health on Saturday.
“COVID is here in Cavite. The chances of community transmission are very high. Please stay at home as much as possible,” he said in a Facebook post.
Remulla, meanwhile, told Metro Manila travelers to bring the necessary documents after the community’s quarantine in the region’s capital.
“Prepare for possible extreme delays in getting in and out of the city,” he said.
The Philippines, which declared a public health emergency for coronavirus disease in 2019 (COVID-19), has so far recorded 8 deaths in 111 COVID-19 cases.