Elche, already disconnected from the competition, is thrashed by the Málaga substitutes on the last day of the course. A goal in the first minutes facilitated the illicit crash
The Elche will close the 2018-19 course with a clean slate in its service sheet, which, however, neither should nor can tarnish a remarkable season. Pacheta's team fulfilled the goal more than a month ago, but the vagaries of the calendar led him to close the exercise against the worst possible rival and scenario. The visit to Malaga is a trance at any time and context of the season, but if the local team plays something, such as securing the third place, and the opponent nothing the options of leaving unharmed of La Rosaleda are minimal.
Málaga, after a brilliant comeback, smells again the ascent and is unleashed. It has generated a wave of enthusiasm that devastates its rivals, especially if they are already something else. Too much adversary for an Elche with his head on the beach. One thing is to face at home, before your people, and another have to share it with nothing at stake and before a rival who gets everything from the first minute.
The initial goal of Boulahroud, after five minutes, only accelerated the collapse of Elche, despite the fact that Pacheta returned to betting on his classic team, with the only exceptions of Manu in the left lane and José Juan in the goal. Despite the blow, the Elche reacted apparently well. Without tension but with criterion, the Elche set began to show in attack. Nino, of absence, had the best option to tie. Also Málaga, on the counter, had their chances, almost always through Jack Harper and Hicham.
After passing through the locker room, Elche still lost a bit more competitive position against a retired rival who waited for his moment to kill the game. After a corner after a corner, Ricca, head, scored the second. And with barely time to get up from the hill José Juan received the third, now through Hicham, who took a pass from Dani Pacheco to finish before the passivity of the visiting back.
There was time, but there was no match or desire to play. Málaga began to think about their promotion tie against Deportivo de La Coruña while Elche was already beginning to enjoy a well-deserved vacation.
- 3 – Málaga CF:Kieszek; Iván Rodríguez, Luis Hernández, Diego González, Ricca (Miguel Torres, 68); Renato Santos, Lombán (Lacen, m.6), Boulahroud, Hicham (Mula, m.75); Pacheco and Harper.
- 0 – Elche CF:Jose Juan; Tekio, Verdú, Dani Calvo, Juan Cruz; Iván Sánchez, Manuel Sánchez, Javi Flores (Gonzalo Villar, 58), Josán (Borja, 85); Nino (Karim, m.68) and Yacine Qasmi.
- Goals: 1-0:Boulahroud (min 5). 2-0: Ricca (min.65). 3-0: Hicham (min 70).
- Referee:Ábalos Barrera (Catalan Committee). He showed yellow card to the Malaguista Ricca and the players of Elche Nino, Javi Flores, Manuel Sanchez and Tekio.
- Incidents:Match corresponding to the forty-second day of the League 1/2/3 played at the La Rosaleda stadium in Málaga before 17,739 spectators.
According to the criteria of
(tagsToTranslate) sports / football (t) politics – matches (t) Elche Football Club (t) Málaga (t) Elche CF (t) Málaga CF (t) rival (t) Primera División