Corona virus in NRW: THIS corona loosening is ONLY in North Rhine-Westphalia
Ikea, Roller, BabyOne: stores that despite Corona virus in NRW allowed to open again from Monday – and only in NRW.
Although that Corona virus in NRW raging even worse than in most other federal states, the state government around Prime Minister Armin Laschet has allowed further shops to reopen from Monday.
Coronavirus: NRW ventures forward and also opens furniture stores
The federal government has spoken: From Monday, the strict measures to contain the corona virus will be eased somewhat for the first time. But NRW is going its own way – and is taking measures that do not apply in the rest of Germany.
Furniture stores and baby markets are also allowed to open their doors again, as health minister Karl-Josef Laumann confirmed. “It is quite clear that in North Rhine-Westphalia we decided to open the furniture stores,” said Laumann after the cabinet meeting on Thursday.
These shops may reopen in NRW from Monday:
- Shops with less than 800 square meters of retail space
- Car dealerships and bicycle dealers
- Furniture stores (for example Ikea, XXXLutz, Höffner, Roller, Porta Möbel, Danish bed storage …)
- Baby markets (for example BabyOne, Babymarkt, Alvo, Babyprofi …)
NRW brings shopping centers back to life
The shopping centers in NRW will be filled with life again from Monday onwards. Even though the city of Essen’s ordinance and the decisions of the shopkeepers are still pending, Limbecker Platz in Essen is still assuming that most shops will reopen on Monday, as spokeswoman Alexandra Wagner told DER WESTEN.
The same should also apply to the Forum Duisburg, the Centro Oberhausen and the many other NRW malls.
Everything you need to know about the corona virus:
These shops are still open:
- Hardware stores
- Pick-up and delivery services
- Gas stations
- Post offices
- Flower shops
- Laundromats, laundries
These shops remain closed:
- Shops with more than 800 square meters of retail space
- Restaurants, bars and pubs
- Hairdressers (opening possible from May 4th)