The governor of the province of Buenos Aires, Axel Kicillof, gives a press conference in our city on the epidemiological situation and the vaccination campaign against the coronavirus in Buenos Aires territory. The president, accompanied by Chief of Staff Carlos Bianco and Health Minister Daniel Gollan, made announcements in the Golden Hall of the Interior.
The Buenos Aires president, who began by thanking Gollan’s management since he will leave his post tomorrow after being made official as a candidate for national deputy on the list of the Frente de Todos, said that “almost half a million boys under the age of 18 signed up to be vaccinated “and announced that” from today the possibility of registering 12-year-olds is enabled. “
He also assured that from July 30, all those over 18 years of age will have free vaccination, while from tomorrow it will be open to those over 25 years of age.
Finally, he announced that “for residents of homes, such as nursing homes, we are once again enabling visits throughout the Province of Buenos Aires, in those residences where both residents and workers are fully vaccinated” (see:https://www.eldia.com/nota/2021-7-27-10-28-0-desde-manana-vuelven-las-visitas-a-los-geriatricos-en-la-plata-deben-tener-residentes-y-personal-vacunados-la-ciudad).
For his part, Bianco announced the phase changes in Buenos Aires territory. “We are publishing a new resolution to modify the classification of the districts,” said the official, giving details of the changes regarding the districts under “epidemiological alarm.” It was also announced that Phase 2 is no longer active, so face-to-face classes are returning to all Buenos Aires municipalities from Monday (see: https://www.eldia.com/nota/2021-7-27-10-21-0-desde-el-lunes-toda-la-provincia-de-buenos-aires-vuelve-a-clases-presenciales-politica-y-economia). That is why they went to Phase 3 Bolívar, July 9, Carlos Tejedor, Coronel Pringles, Ameghino, General Lavalle, Viamonte, Yrigoyen, Maipú, Trenque Lauquen and Tres Lomas.
Regarding the doubts generated by the expansion of capacity in commercial premises for the vaccinated, the official said that “we are not talking about a health pass” and added that it will be activated from today “for the municipalities of phases 3 and 4, since they are going to publish the new regulations in the Official Gazette of the Nation. ” Regarding the details of the measure, he said that the capacity is 50% free but an additional 20% will be added for vaccinated people, with a time limit of 0 hours. The businesses for which the measure will govern are restaurants, bars, cinemas, theaters, shopping malls, shopping centers, markets and fairs in closed spaces, religious events, museums, libraries, gyms and swimming pools.
“The problem now is that of the unvaccinated,” said the head of the Buenos Aires Health portfolio. And he insisted on the request that those who did not get vaccinated: “We have a very high number of people who have registered to be vaccinated. That is why we ask you to collaborate.” Then he talked about how we are going through the second week of low contagion. “Let’s hope it stays that way,” Gollan said. On the other hand, he maintained that the vaccination of those under 18 years of age is “imminent”.
Yesterday, a total of 1,663 positive cases of coronavirus were registered in the province, so those infected since the beginning of the pandemic rose to 1,952,669. The health portfolio specified that the deceased number 51,444 people and remarked that yesterday the total number of vaccinated was 82,391 out of a register of 11,080,059 registered.
In this context, it was detailed that the total number of vaccines applied so far in Buenos Aires territory reaches 11,435,882, of which 9,231,330 correspond to the first dose and 2,204,552 to the second.