Saturday, 19 Jan 2019

Haunted phone call from Lord's son who was killed after being "refused help"

The son of an aristocrat who committed suicide several weeks after telling his family that he "did not meet the criteria" to be readmitted to a mental hospital, opened an investigation.

Rupert Green, 21, son of Lord Nicholas Monson, was hanged in the garden of his mother's house in Surrey, after suffering from a psychosis that, according to his family, had been provoked by cannabis rush.

Rupert's mother, Karen Green, said that she had texted a mental health nurse the day he committed suicide to ask for help – but what about her? has "not received an answer," said the judicial investigation.

In the months leading up to his death in January 2017, he also threatened to kill himself several times and spent three weeks in a mental health unit, according to the hearing.

He was rushed to hospital after his mother found him during a police raid, but died after five days of resuscitation.

Surrey and the Borders NHS Foundation Trust, who were dealing with Rupert, opened an investigation following the statement that he had been denied a hospital bed.

Rupert's father, Lord Nicholas Monson

A Bin truck pushes the leader of the samba band on the road that he was blocking during an eco protest

Rupert's death follows the death in 2012 of another son of Lord Monson, 28-year-old Alexander Monson, allegedly beaten while in police custody in Kenya.

Ms. Green stated that, several weeks before the death, he had asked to return to hospital after his early release for mental health problems.

She said: "Before Christmas 2016, Rupert asked to be readmitted to the hospital.

"The nurses have said that it would not meet the criteria so that it is not allowed."

In the days leading up to his death, he then announced that he had heard voices.

Ms. Green said, "He said that he was the son of God, people made the sign of the cross when he passed and called him shepherd.

"There were more delusions."

She said that the day he hanged himself, Rupert "talked about killing himself because I was hiding the truth from him".

Rupert's mother Karen Green and Lord Nicholas Monson at Woking Corner Court

The investigator heard that she had sent a message to a nurse at 5 pm, in which it was written, "I do not know how to deal with it," but "no response has been forthcoming." received ".

Later in the evening, his grandmother saw him hold a knife, but denied trying to hurt himself.

He was later missing shortly after and a police helicopter called to facilitate the search. He was spotted in the garden of Mrs. Green's home.

Ms. Green said: "The police helicopter placed over the head of the police reported seeing someone in the garden near the swing. I went around the house and I saw Rupert hanging. "

She added: "The loss of Rupert is a life sentence of devastating proportions."

The investigation revealed that Rupert's life "seemed to be proceeding normally" until his family discovered problems during the Easter holidays 2016.

He claimed that roommates from the University of Essex, where he had studied biology, were spying on him.

Ms. Green said, "He told me that the girls from the shared house that he had in Colchester were hijacking his computer and spying on him."

Rupert then returned from college in the summer and went to visit his father, but returned home shortly after, as a result of an argument.

She said, "He said that his father was unreasonable.

Lord Monson attends an investigation into the death of his son

"According to his father, Rupert had threatened to hit him while he had not helped him."

Lord Monson stated in the investigation that Rupert had become aggressive when he had questioned the claim that he was being spied on.

He said, "He went back and he said that if you ever repeat such a thing, I will hit you."

Ms. Green stated that Rupert's behavior had prompted her to make a doctor's appointment, but "nothing happened" when he told the doctor that he was depressed.

Two weeks later, he was finally referred to an early intervention and psychosis treatment team, where he was prescribed a medication, including diazepam, on September 20th.

But he then returned to university in October despite the wishes of his mother, she said.

Ms. Green said, "I did not want him to leave, but IEPT stated that they could not stop it, although they agreed."

The investigation took place after his return to campus in Colchester, where he had asked for money from his father, which had sparked a feud over the drug.

Lord Monson said that he had refused to hand over money, but had offered to pay Rupert 's accommodation bill and buy food coupons.

He said, "He said," You think I'm going to spend the money you send me for drink and drugs. "

"He said" well I am, "and I said" well, I'm not sending you money. "

"He told me a few explanations and he said the night before that he had tried to kill himself by running in front of the traffic but that this time he was going to do the work and stay in front of a train.

"He said he had a happy life and he hung up the phone."

The investigation revealed that the police had been called and that Rupert had spent three weeks in a mental health unit.

Ms. Green added, "After three weeks, he was sent home and said he was fine.

"It turned out that he had neither studied nor attended conferences, so he had to return to Surrey."

Describing his son's impact on mental health issues, Lord Monson added, "He was a very good artist.

"He was painting and it was like he had become a four year old again and I was thinking about this poor young man."

Lord Monson has since launched a "war against the skunk", calling for the decriminalization of the weakest forms of cannabis to prevent the abuse of stronger strains.

The investigation, at Woking Coroners Court, continues.

Read more

Main reports of Mirror Online


%d bloggers like this: