KOMPAS.com – Registration for the Independent Indonesia Smart Lecture Card (KIP Lecture) for 2022 was officially opened by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research and Technology (Kemendikbud Ristek).
Registration for KIP Lectures begins with Registration for KIP-Kuliah Student Accounts on February 2, 2022 and closes on October 31, 2022. Furthermore, registration is continued according to the admission path for State Universities (PTN) and Private Universities (PTS) chosen by prospective students.
Selection paths that accept KIP Lectures start from SNMPN, SNMPTN, SBMPTN, PTN Independent Selection to PTS Independent Selection.
Currently, KIP-Kuliah is reserved for prospective students/high school graduates equivalent to the current year or graduating the previous two years.
Also read: 10 Private Campuses Open 2022 Scholarships, Free Tuition Up to 100 Percent
Launching the Kemendikbud Research and Technology KIP Lecture page, here is the schedule, requirements and how to register for the 2022 KIP Lecture:
The schedule for registration of KIP Lecture 2022
Important dates for registration and closing of the 2022 Smart Indonesia College Card:
1. Registration for KIP-Kuliah Student Accounts
- Opened: 02 February 2022
- Closed: October 31, 2022
- Opened: 07 February 2022
- Closed: March 17, 2022
- Opened: February 13, 2022
- Closed: 27 February 2022
Also read: 5 Characteristics of Smart People Not Only Judging from IQ, Do You Have Characteristics?
- Opened: 22 March 2022
- Closed: April 14, 2022
- Opened: 05 April 2022
- Closed: 29 June 2022
6. PTN Independent Selection
- Opened: 01 June 2022
- Closed: 07 October 2022
7. PTS Independent Selection
- Opened: 08 June 2022
- Closed: October 31, 2022
Also read: Pocket Money Above IDR 10 Million Per Month, List of These 10 Undergraduate Scholarships
The amount of education assistance and living expenses of KIP Merdeka College
In 2021, KIP Lectures have been distributed to 200,000 new students from State Universities (PTN) and Private Universities (PTS) under the auspices of the Ministry of Education and Culture, Research and Technology.
The Ministry of Education and Culture, Research and Technology has changed the KIP Tuition scheme by providing tuition assistance (tuition fees) and much higher living costs.
The Ministry of Education and Culture, Research and Technology has changed the KIP Tuition scheme by providing tuition assistance (tuition fees) and much higher living costs. The budget allocated for KIP Lectures has also increased significantly from IDR 1.3 trillion in 2020 to IDR 2.5 trillion.
The purpose of increasing the KIP Lecture budget, explained the Minister of Education and Culture, Research and Technology, Nadiem Makarim, is to encourage prospective students from underprivileged but high achieving families to be bolder to apply to superior study programs at the best universities, both PTN and PTS. This is because the previous KIP Lecture scheme, which hit the average tuition fee of only Rp. 2.4 million per semester, was not effective.
Many universities refuse to enter KIP Lecture participants into superior study programs due to the small tuition assistance costs. Thus, many outstanding students who received the KIP Lectures ended up entering unpopular study programs.
On that basis, Nadiem explained, starting in 2021 the tuition assistance for KIP Tuition fees could reach Rp 12 million per semester for A-accredited study programs.
Not only that, the cost of living also increases and is adjusted to the price index of an area where students who receive KIP Tuition are studying.
Also read: Japan Undergraduate Scholarship 2022: Free Tuition, Allowance of IDR 18 Million Per Month
The following are the details of the 2021 KIP Tuition fee assistance:
- Assistance for education costs for A-accredited study programs: a maximum of IDR 12 million per semester
- Assistance in tuition fees for B accreditation study programs: a maximum of IDR 4 million per semester
- Assistance for education costs for accreditation study programs c: a maximum of IDR 2.4 million per semester
Meanwhile, for living expenses, if previously the cost of living was the same for all regions of IDR 700,000 per month, now it is divided into five amounts, namely:
- Cluster 1: living costs IDR 800,000 per month
- Cluster 2 living costs: IDR 950,000 per month
- Cluster 3: living costs IDR 1.1 million per month
- Cluster 4 living cost: IDR 1.25 million per month
- Cluster 5 living costs: IDR 1.4 million per month
Also read: Free Undergraduate Study in Turkey, This is Salma’s Story of Getting a Turkiye Burslari Scholarship
How to register for the 2022 College KIP
Stages of Registration for Lecture KIP:
1. Students can directly register independently on the KIP Lecture System web on the https://kip-gulung.kemdikbud.go.id/ page or through the KIP Lecture mobile apps.
2. At the time of registration, students enter a valid and active NIK, NISN, NPSN and email address.
3. The next lecture KIP system will validate the NIK, NISN and NPSN as well as the eligibility to get the College KIP.
4. If the validation process is successful, the KIP Lecture System will then send a Registration Number and Access Code to the registered email address.
5. Students complete the KIP Lecture registration process and choose the selection path to be followed (SNMPTN/SBMPTN/SMPN/UMPN/Mandiri).
6. Furthermore, students complete the registration process on the portal or information system for the national selection of tertiary institutions according to the selected selection path. The synchronization process with the system will be carried out later with a host-to-host scheme.
7. For prospective KIP Lecturer recipients who have been declared accepted by the Tertiary Education Institution, further verification may be carried out by the Tertiary Education Institution before being proposed as a prospective student receiving the KIP Lecture.
Get updates news of choice and breaking news every day from Kompas.com. Let’s join the Telegram group “Kompas.com News Update”, how to click the link https://t.me/kompascomupdate, then join. You must first install the Telegram application on your cellphone.