Injured in explosion in apartment in Zeist

Someone was injured in an explosion above a shop in Zeist. There is also considerable damage, says the security region.

According to a spokesperson for the fire service, the explosion was caused by an empty gas pipe that went unnoticed when a central heating boiler in the apartment was replaced. When the boiler was turned on, the gas flowed through this pipe into the kitchen and exploded.

A resident who had just walked into the kitchen at the time of the blast was injured. “It was fortunate that all windows were open, otherwise the damage would have been much worse,” said the spokesman.

Construction specialists investigate the extent of the damage and whether the apartment is still habitable. The shop under the apartment was undamaged.

Leave a Comment