Italy transition in the sink for Dønnum

VALLE (Dagbladet): There will be no Italy transfer for Aron Dønnum right away. Vålerenga coach Dag-Eilev Fagermo informs Dagbladet.

– As I understand it, Lecce is out of the picture, Fagermo says to Dagbladet.

– So then there will be no transition?

– No, I do not think so, says the Vålerenga coach who thinks Dønnum will play the next match for the capital team.

BRUTAL: Vidar Örn Kjartansson (30) held a playroom with Brann when he re-debuted for Vålerenga on Sunday night. Video: Football Media. Photo: NTB Scanpix
view more

– You do not leave Vålerenga at any cost. One has not completely agreed yet. We will see what happens, says Aron Dønnum himself to Dagbladet.

Dønnum has been strongly connected to the Italian Serie B club Lecce this autumn. Lecce relegated from Serie A last season.

The 22-year-old, who has a contract with VIF until the 2021 season, has been in the Oslo club since 2017.

Dønnum has scored two goals and contributed with five assists so far this season. Several Italian media have connected Molde’s Eirik Hestad to Lecce recently.

Dønnum was a central piece when Vålerenga beat Brann 5-1 on Sunday. The Eidsvoll boy had two assists in the match.

Leave a Comment