The new Xbox Series X and S will hit supermarket shelves on November 10. They will be accompanied by around thirty games, new or optimized for the new generation.
With the development delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, Microsoft will not be able to count on Halo Infinite to support the launch of its new consoles, the Xbox Series X et Series S. However, the Redmond firm will be able to count on around thirty video games designed for all tastes by November 10. According to Games Industry, all these titles are “Fully optimized” for Xbox Series X and S, whether designed natively for the next generation or “Specifically reconstructed” to take advantage of its technological advantages – such as much shorter load times or compatibility with the ” ray-tracing »- through the Smart Delivery system. The latter allows a player to start the same game on Xbox One and then continue it, for free, on Xbox Series X or S. Thus, each launch game of these two consoles will be available, before or after November 10, on Xbox One.
As a reminder, for its part, the PlayStation 5 of Sony will rely in particular on Marvel’s Spider-Man : Miles Morales, the new generation extension of Marvel’s Spider-Man, the remake of Demon’s Souls, and the new Rachet & Clank : Rift Apart.
The 30 launch games for Xbox Series X and S
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Smart Delivery¹)
- Borderlands 3 (Smart Delivery)
- Bright Memory 1.0
- Royal kitchen (Smart Delivery)
- Dead by Daylight (Xbox Game Pass² + Smart Delivery)
- Devil May Cry 5 – Special Edition
- DiRT 5 (Smart Delivery)
- The Falconeer (Smart Delivery)
- Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Gears 5 (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Gears Tactics (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Grounded (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- King Oddball (Smart Delivery)
- Maneater (Smart Delivery)
- Manifold Garden (Smart Delivery)
- NBA 2K21
- Observer : System Redux
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Planet Coaster (Smart Delivery)
- Sea of Thieves (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- Tetris Effect : Connected (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- The Touryst (Xbox Game Pass + Smart Delivery)
- War Thunder (Smart Delivery)
- Warhammer : Chaosbane Slayer Edition
- Watch Dogs : Legion (Smart Delivery)
- WRC 9 FIA World Rally Championship (Smart Delivery)
- Yakuza : Like a Dragon (Smart Delivery)
- Yes, Your Grace (Smart Delivery)
1: Some games will be portable for free from Xbox One to Xbox Series X or S.
2: The titles mentioned may be available through the Xbox Game Pass subscription.