Home Sport Promes says sorry for playing football on the square: ‘Not sensible afterwards’ | NOW

Promes says sorry for playing football on the square: ‘Not sensible afterwards’ | NOW

by drbyos

Quincy Promes apologized for the fact that he played football on a square in Amsterdam last weekend and did not follow the guidelines regarding the corona virus. The Ajax attacker recognizes that that was not smart.

“Dear people, I would like to apologize for the video on which I have been shown,” 28-year-old Promes writes on Monday Instagram.

“I miss football, but in hindsight it was not wise to go outside in these circumstances. I wish everyone strength in this difficult time.”

The video showed that Promes, along with FC Groningen striker Daishawn Redan, among others, did not keep to the 1.5 meter distance. Ajax previously announced that it would discuss the incident internally.

FC Groningen called the nineteen-year-old Redan to order and therefore did earlier on Monday outwards. The young striker has also apologized and is donating to a supporter initiative to fight the corona virus.

Follow the latest developments around the virus in the sports world in us live blog.

The coronavirus in short

  • The coronavirus mainly spreads from person to person via sneezing and cough drops. The chance of becoming infected through surfaces such as door handles is small. This chance decreases if you wash your hands often.
  • You can considerably reduce the chance of spreading by keeping at least 1.5 meters away from others.
  • An infected person infects two to three others on average. Precautions are necessary to contain this.
  • The vast majority of patients have mild (flu-like) complaints.
  • Almost all deaths involve the elderly or other vulnerable persons, such as heart, lung or diabetes patients. If everyone complies with the measures, this reduces their risks.
  • Read here what precautions you should take.

.

You may also like

Leave a Comment