It is a very ancient practice, often linked to religions and history, suitable for those in good health, without particular pathologies. What do you need to know before approaching this experience?
The first to talk about it in the world of gossip was the beautiful Liz Hurley, supermodel actress, producer who at the time of her engagement to actor Hugh Grant claimed to eat “until 16.00, then only water and breakfast the next day ”. In Hollywood, Jennifer Aniston and Scarlett Johansson seem to adopt her regularly, but also ours Fiorello. And the intermittent fasting or interval diet. We asked the expert to clarify, evaluating the pros and cons. “Fasting is something ancient – he explains Flavia Bernini, biologist, nutritionist. We find it in all religious practices, linked to a form of profession of faith and strengthening of the will. In recent years it has taken on a slimming meaning, at times therapeutic, falling within different weight loss protocols. There are different variants, but the most applied is that 16:8 and consists of fast for 16 hours, he understood the hours of sleep and eat in the remaining 8.
Diverse the alternative of intermittent fasting: you can for example eat until 16.00, skip dinner and do Breakfast the next morning around 8,00. Or you can dine normally and skip the breakfast, if possible mid-morning snack and go directly at lunch. But for proper weight loss, is this fasting strategy effective? Does it bring stable and lasting results? There are points in favor of a dietary approach of this type and others against. What science tells us is interesting. Studies have shown that it does not exist no advantage in weight loss between following one low-calorie diet, based on semi-fasting, and an equal calorie distribution based homogeneous meals during the day. Weight loss occurs because a calorie deficit is triggered. There are though benefits in undertaking intermittent fasting.
- It is suitable for those who love concentrate food in a specific time window, instead of dividing the foods i 5 for sure. It therefore depends on the person and their lifestyle.
- Fast 14-16 ore does not cause fatigue: thanks to the increase in hormones like adrenaline, you feel a good physical charge and mental clarity. Also there feeling of hunger is well tolerated thanks to the production of chetonic bodies that keep the sense of hunger dormant.
- There are no contraindications in terms of slowing metabolism in subjects with insulin – resistance, that is a bad management of sugars, it even seems an advantageous way for metabolism.
To who is it not recommended?
- To those who like to distribute food throughout the day
- Who is it to diabetic or is in any pathological situation. Or to pregnant or breastfeeding women
- To those with ailments of the eating behavior
Last but not least, intermittent fasting can be a good weight loss strategy for all those people who struggle to follow a classic low-calorie plan”.
Follow us on our social channels!
© REPRODUCTION RESERVED