Border Patrol Officer Juan David Ortiz. (Webb / AP County Sheriff's Office) Alex Horton Journalist on General Mission Covering National News and Latest News Eli Rosenberg Journalist on General Mission Covering National News and Latest News December 5, 6:11 PM: Texas prosecutors have announced that they would be seeking the death penalty for a US Border Patrol officer accused of killing four sex workers in the Laredo, Texas area, after being charged by a grand jury on Wednesday with charges of aggravated murder. Juan David Ortiz, a veteran of the agency who had worked in intelligence services for 10 years, was arrested in September and charged with murder. But the grand jury has improved the charges. According to prosecutors, Ortiz collected the victims on the roadside at various times in early September. Officials identified the victims as Melissa Ramirez, 29; Claudine Ann Luera, 42 years old; Griselda Alicia Hernandez Cantu, 35 years old; and Nikki Enriquez, 28, a transgender woman. All were killed or left for dead in rural areas of Webb County, which borders the Rio Grande, the dividing line between the United States and Mexico. Laredo is about 150 miles southwest of San Antonio. Webb District Attorney Isidro Alaniz told reporters on Wednesday that Cantu had survived after being shot in the back of the neck, but had been killed by blunt wounds. He said the death penalty was justified for many reasons. "The horrible nature of the murders. His total disregard for human life. His mentality of vigilante. He violated his oath to his country and his agency that he had vowed to protect, "said Alaniz. "We also believe that there are no extenuating circumstances in his life that warrant a life without parole." Alaniz said that Ortiz had told investigators that his goal was to "clean the streets of Laredo by targeting this community of people he perceived that it was disposable." "The evidence presented to the grand jury this morning showed that he had killed these four innocent people in a cold, hard and calculated manner, he said.Ortiz has been suspended without pay since his arrest, Carlos Diaz, spokesman for the US Department of Customs and Border Protection said: "CBP will continue to support other law enforcement agencies involved in the investigation of the case," said Diaz in a statement. With a woman and two children, was a serial killer. Ortiz was arrested after a woman escaped from her truck and alerted the authorities when he fired a gun at her officials said. He is held with a 2.5 million s dollars since. [A woman’s daring escape from a Border Patrol agent helped reveal a ‘serial killer,’ police say] Alaniz told USA Today that the police had found .40 caliber cartridges at the scene of the killing, which would be consistent with the .40-caliber HK P2000 pistol. Ortiz had been issued by the Border Patrol. The arrest records tell of the brutal execution type killings, as well as the alarm that has spread across the seemingly tight community of sex workers after the first two murders. Ortiz told investigators that he had picked up Ramirez on 3 September. They drove about 30 miles from the city, and she came out of her vehicle to urinate near a country road cutting a thick shrub. Then he shot him in the head several times, says the affidavit. She was later found dead. Ramirez was a mother of two young children, the Laredo Morning Times reported. "I hurt myself a lot. All I want is justice. I want this guy to die in jail for killing my daughter's life, "said her mother, Maria Cristina Benavides in the newspaper. Ten days later, according to the investigators, Ortiz drove Luera outside the city, a few kilometers from where he allegedly killed Ramirez. He told investigators that she accused him of being the last person to have seen Ramirez alive. Ortiz said she was out and that he had shot her in the head, the document said. Luera was found alive but died as a result of her injuries at the hospital. The next two homicides took place shortly after the woman escaped early Saturday, authorities said. More: Shoe Leather Report Stimulates Explosive Inquiry into Electoral Fraud in North Carolina The SWAT team leader who wore a QAnon badge while meeting with Vice President Pence was sanctioned.