Five days after the sad performance in Dortmund (2-1), PSG returns to the French Championship this Sunday against Bordeaux (9 p.m., Canal +). The darling of the Parc des Princes and top scorer in Parisian history Edinson Cavani will, if aligned, have the opportunity to end the week as festively as his birthday celebrated Thursday, February 20.
199. The Uruguayan has 199 goals in the PSG jersey, all competitions combined, since his achievement against Lyon two weeks ago. After remaining silent in Amiens and not having played in Germany, the two games to come at home give him the opportunity to celebrate his bicentennial against “his” ultras.
398. Neymar meanwhile approaches the 400 goal mark during his career, according to the accounts of his communications team, which records all his contributions since his first professional contract signed in 2009. These statistics thus take into account his goals in national selections of young Brazilians, which is not generally taken into account in France. In detail, Neymar has scored 398 goals in 628 appearances: 67 with Paris, 114 with Barcelona, 138 with Santos, 61 with La Seleção and 18 with the teams of Brazil under 17, under 20 and the Olympic selection.
5. Mauro Icardi and / or Edinson Cavani should find playing time against Bordeaux. Neither of Dortmund had a single minute of play. It had only happened five other times this season and only one since the start of October in the Cup semi-finals. the League in Reims, January 22. A statistic that illustrates Icardi’s fall in power and the rise of Pablo Sarabia to the center forward position.
5. Bordeaux remains on two wins and three draws in its last five games. The Girondins are raising the bar after four consecutive defeats.
105. PSG-Bordeaux is a classic. It is the 105th time in their history that the two clubs have met (including 91 in Ligue 1). The Girondins are quite simply the adversaries most often encountered by Parisians. The last defeat at Parc des Princes in Ligue 1 dates back to August 22, 2010. On March 15, 2015, Paris recorded their last defeat against Bordeaux (3-2) at the Chaban-Delmas stadium. An encounter marked by the slippage of Ibrahimovic who had described France as a “shitty country”.
10. PSG is the king of rebound after a defeat in the Champions League. He won each time in the match following his last 10 defeats in European competition. A series that has lasted since 2014.
0. Umpire Willy Delajod never scored a goal against PSG. Under his leadership, Thomas Tuchel’s team won 4-0 against Angers and 2-0 against Lille.
0 bis. PSG and Bordeaux are the last two Ligue 1 teams not to have been expelled this season in the league.