Home » News » So goes the collection of taxes in Colombia administered by Dian | Taxes | Economy

So goes the collection of taxes in Colombia administered by Dian | Taxes | Economy

In August, the gross collection of taxes administered by the National Tax and Customs Directorate (Dian) reached the figure of $ 8.36 billion, which represents a 103.1% fulfillment of the goal assigned for the period, generating additional revenues of $ 253 billion.

(This is how you can generate the new electronic signature that Dian has ordered).

This compliance is mainly due to the behavior observed in the collection of withholdings at source for income and taxes associated with foreign trade.

(This is how the covid affects the tax responsibilities of companies).

In the first case, Withholding at source as income contributed 47.5% of the collection for the month, generating revenues of $ 3.97 trillion with a fulfillment of the goal of 107.6% and, in the second case, customs taxes represented a collection of $ 1 , 82 billion with which the assigned goal of 108.4% was achieved.

In aggregate, for the taxes associated with the internal economic activity, A collection of $ 6.54 trillion was achieved with a 78.3% share of the month’s income, while the remaining 21.7% corresponded to the collection of taxes associated with foreign trade.

Similarly, the collection obtained from the use of the Tax Refund Titles – TIDIS stands out, which in the month of August represented the sum of $ 1.71 billion, while in the same month of 2019 it was $ 0, 66 billion, that is, there was a growth of 260%.

It should be noted that The collection results are positive given the rethinking of the goals in the face of the new reality generated by the Covid pandemic19.


In the period January – August 2020, the gross collection of taxes administered by Dian totaled $ 97.12 billion, reflecting compliance with the redefined goal as a result of the Medium Term Fiscal Framework of 101.6%, which represents $ 1.56 trillion more than expected.

84.5% of the total collected corresponded to internal taxes that contributed the sum of $ 82.05 billion, while the remaining 15.5% corresponds to income from taxes related to foreign trade, which, in the observed period, recorded income for a value of $ 15.07 billion.

72% of the collection was concentrated in three concepts: Withholding at source for income with a 34.7% share and an accumulated collection for the period of $ 33.74 billion; the Sales Tax – VAT that contributed 21.8% and income of $ 21.16 billion and customs taxes with a participation of 15.5%.

Regarding the Income and Complementary Tax, A collection of $ 14.39 billion was achieved, which, when compared with the goal assigned for this tax in the evaluated period, indicates a compliance of 110.8% with a surplus of $ 1.4 billion.

It is important to mention that on August 11, the deadlines for the presentation and payment of the Income Statement and complementary corresponding to the taxable year 2019 by natural persons began, Therefore, as of August 31, 1,385,426 returns had been submitted and of these 665,021 taxpayers accepted one or part of the boxes provided in the suggested return sent by Dian.


During the period from January to August 2020, management collection totaled $ 7.26 billion and the collection for control management $ 3.66 billion, for a total of $ 10.92 billion of collection in the fight against evasion, which shows the commitment of DIAN officials despite the pandemic.

In addition to the above, as of August 31, 8,149 requests for payment facilities had been received for a value of $ 931,893 million, of which 3,755 requests for the sum of $ 553,405 million had been resolved. Similarly, in August, 16,411 actions were carried out that allowed taxpayers who were in arrears in the payment of their obligations to catch up, this collection totaled $ 1.39 billion.


Leave a Comment