KOMPAS.com – For those of you high school / vocational equivalent students who want to continue their undergraduate studies in South Korea, the South Korean government is now opening a South Korean scholarship program, namely the 2022 Global Korea Scholarship (GKS).
The GKS Scholarship is designed to provide international students with the opportunity to study at a higher education institution in Korea in pursuit of an academic degree, which will enhance international educational exchange and deepen mutual friendship between Korea and participating countries.
There are two paths for applying for the GKS scholarship, applicants may only apply from one of the pathways, namely:
Also read: Oxford-Cambridge Undergraduate Scholarship 2022, Free Tuition and Living Allowance
1. University Pathway: Applicants must pass the first selection stage set by the designated university.
2. Korean Embassy Pathway: Similar to the University pathway, each applicant must successfully go through the first selection process set by the Korean Embassy in their home country.
Get information, inspiration and insight from email you.
1. Education costs.
2. Residential allowance 200,000 KRW or around Rp. 2.3 million (given once in Korea).
3. The cost of living is 900,000 KRW or around IDR 10.8 million per month.
4. Korean Language Proficiency Grant worth 100,000 KRW or around IDR 1.2 million if the applicant has a TOPIK (Test of Proficiency in Korean) score of level 5 or 6.
5. Scholarship completion grants worth 100,000 KRW or around IDR 1.2 million for those who successfully complete their studies.
Also read: Undergraduate-S2 Scholarships in Australia 2022, Worth IDR 106 Million Per Year
6. Health insurance.
7. Korean language course fee.
8. Economy class return flight tickets at the beginning and end of the study period.
Prospective students are citizens of countries invited to the GKS scholarship, Indonesia is one of them. Participants or parents are not citizens of South Korea.
2. Education Level:
Prospective students who are high school graduates or equivalent can apply for a Bachelor’s Degree (S1) program or an Associate Degree (Diploma) program.
Diploma equivalent graduates can only apply for the Bachelor’s Degree (S1) program.
Have a cumulative average score above 80 (scale of 100) or are in the top 20 percent in one class, or
Mempunyai CGPA (Cumulative Grade Point Average): 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0.
If the participant’s transcript does not include information about the CGPA or cannot convert his score on one of the GPA scales (scale 4.0, 4.3, 4.5, 5.0, or 100), the participant is also required to attach an additional document from the school containing an explanation of the grading system used.
Also read: Sampoerna University Opens S1 Scholarships in 2022, Free Tuition Fees
Not more than 25 years old (born after March 1, 1997).
Have a good health condition, both physically and mentally, to study in South Korea.
- Participants who are high school graduates in Korea or have obtained a previous bachelor’s degree cannot apply for this scholarship program. However, participants who have previously had student exchanges or study visits at Korean universities can apply.
- Participants who previously received a degree program scholarship from one of the South Korean Government scholarships cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Participants can only choose one registration path (University Track or Embassy Track), not both. If caught registering on both registration lines, the registration file will be ignored at the second selection stage.
- Participants who have resigned after being selected as recipients of the previous GKS scholarship (KGSP) or who have been disqualified during the previous GKS scholarship acceptance period cannot re-apply for this scholarship.
Also read: Stanford University Masters Scholarship 2022, Free Tuition and Cost of Living
In addition, applicants must also prepare several mandatory and optional documents. Below, Kompas.com summarizes the list of documents that must be prepared:
- Applicant form.
- Personal statement.
- Study plan.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- GKS applicant agreement.
- Personal medical assessment.
- High school graduation certificate (or expected graduation certificate).
- Transcript of grades from school.
- Applicant’s citizenship document (birth certificate or family card).
- Document proof of citizenship of the scholarship applicant’s parents.
- Differences in registration path
Each GKS 2022 scholarship application path has different application deadlines, required documents, interviews, and others.
Therefore, GKS 2022 requires applicants to contact the embassy or university.
The reason is, the deadline for submitting a scholarship application can be different at each embassy or university for the first selection. However, it is expected to be completed on October 1, 2022.
To view more detailed information about the GKS scholarship, the public can access and download documents from GKS through the official website https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr/in/main.do