The mysterious case of acute hepatitis whose cause is unknown continues to occur in Indonesia. According to data from the Ministry of Health, there are 27 suspected cases of acute hepatitis as of May 17, 2022. However, of these, 13 cases have been returned to the category of. cast or unrelated. Meanwhile, the remaining 14 are cases probable or possible exposure to acute hepatitis infection and falls into the category pending classification or still waiting for test results.
This case is more common in children under five, up to 7 patients. Meanwhile, 7 other patients aged 6-10 years and 11-16 years. Meanwhile, 7 patients died, according to dr. Mohammad SyahrilRSPI Director Sarianti Saroso who is currently Spokesman for the Ministry of Health is still categorical probable. “The 7 deaths that have not yet been confirmed are acute hepatitis. So we can’t say that the 7 patients who died were due to hepatitis,” said Dr. Syahril.
Dr. Syahril advises the public to remain calm while taking precautionary measures. What are some ways you can prevent this mysterious acute hepatitis that is now predicted from being transmitted through food and drink contaminated with the virus or from breathing?
1. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water
3. Only eat cooked food and beverages until they are fully cooked.
4. Avoid snacking on ingredients that were not cooked while cooking.
5. Always wash your hands before eating before preparing a meal or feeding children
6. Maintain food and beverage hygiene
7. Use clean cutlery
8. Do not borrow or exchange cutlery from others
9. Wash the cutlery thoroughly
10. Wear a mask, keep your distance, and avoid crowds
#children #healthcare #hepatitisakut #hepatitisakutpadaanak