3 coronavirus cases transported to Contra Costa County for medical treatment – NBC Bay Area

Contra Costa health service officials confirmed Tuesday that three new coronavirus patients in a group of international travelers quarantined at Travis Air Force Base were transferred to Contra Costa County for treatment.

All three patients will be placed in quarantine indefinitely while fighting the virus while county health officials aim to minimize the potential for public exposure.

Patients were taken to hospitals in Contra Costa county due to a lack of space in the hospitals closest to the Air Force base in Solano county, according to local health officials. While the three patients tested positive for the virus, neither started showing symptoms such as fever or breathing difficulties.

According to Contra Costa’s health services, the cases were part of a group of quarantined travelers who were evacuated from the Princess Diamond cruise ship in Japan.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed Tuesday that 40 people who were on board the ship so far have tested positive for the COVID-19 test, the official medical name of the virus.

“Our county’s health system is ready to handle COVID-19,” said Dr. Chris Farnitano, health manager of Contra Costa county. “We worked with our hospital partners to follow safety protocols to protect patients and healthcare professionals and minimize the risk of spreading the virus in Contra Costa.”

According to public health officials, practicing good hygiene is the easiest way to reduce the risk of contracting a virus like COVID-19. This includes washing your hands with soap and water, covering your mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing, avoiding work when you are sick, and avoiding touching mucous membranes such as eyes, mouth and nose with unwashed hands.

People who have traveled to the United States from China since February 2 are also invited to quarantine for at least two weeks under the guidance of their local public health department.

.

Bay Area Insurance Fraud Sting Leads to 4 Arrests – NBC Bay Area

An automotive insurance fraud sting operation led to
arrested four people, including three from Contra Costa county, officials said
Friday.

The undercover sting was conducted by California
Department of Insurance, Contra Costa County District Attorney e
National Insurance Crime Bureau.

In one case, presumably the employees of a workshop
provided undercover officers with falsified written documentation to support fraud
insurance claims.

In another, an undercover officer was trained by the bodywork
workers “in telling a false story to the insurance company, including
allegedly telling the undercover officer to lie about when and how the vehicle
damage occurred, “said California insurance commissioner Ricardo Lara in a
Press release.

The four people arrested for insurance fraud
my name is Estephanie Gonzalez-Marquez, 26 years old, from Pittsburg; Marco Antonio Hernandez Santizo,
49, of San Pablo; Kyle Alan Coburn, 30, from Elk Grove; and Vu Phong Hoang, 33,
by Clayton.

“These suspects brazenly worked to rip insurance
companies filing bogus insurance claims, “said Lara.” We are
tackle the problem of insurance fraud and take proactive measures
educate the public and deliver a dissuasive message to those who consciously break
the law. Insurance fraud is not a victimless crime. “

.