In Moscow, the maximum number of cases of COVID-19 since May was revealed per day :: Society :: RBC

During the day, the coronavirus was detected in 5376 people, which became a record increase in new cases since May 12

Photo: Sofia Sandurskaya / AGN “Moscow”

Over the past day, 5376 new cases of coronavirus infection were confirmed in Moscow, according to the capital’s operational headquarters to combat the spread of the disease.







Video

This increase has become the largest since May 12, when in the capital fixed 5392 new cases.

The total number of cases since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic in Moscow is 367 629 people.






The imposition of severe restrictions in the capital, including a curfew or a ban on movement around the city, “is absolutely unacceptable and impossible for us,” stated earlier on October 19, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin. According to him, the task of the capital is to “find a middle way” between the closure of the city and the rejection of any restrictions. All measures already taken against the spread of coronavirus will be tightly and systematically controlled by the authorities, he said.

.

The authorities of the Moscow region will strengthen control over the temperature of restaurant visitors :: Society :: RBC

Photo: Mikhail Metzel / TASS

In the Moscow region, temperature measurements will be monitored for visitors to restaurants, bars and shopping centers. About this on your page in “VKontakte” reported Governor of the region Andrei Vorobyov.


Doors don’t close: how Moscow spent the weekend amid the pandemic




“In restaurants, bars, shopping centers, it is imperative to measure the temperature of everyone who comes. We will control this, ”he wrote, adding that the authorities will also strengthen control over the observance of the mask regime in the region.







Video

According to the Governor’s decree of October 19, people with fever won’t let to public places. Earlier Vorobyov said that the new restrictions, which include a ban on mass sports events, as well as the temporary closure of museums and exhibitions, will operate in the Moscow region from October 21 to November 7.

.

Details of sanctions against Belarus revealed in the USA :: Politics :: RBC

The United States is in contact with the EU on expanding sanctions against Belarus, First Deputy Secretary of State Stephen Bigan said at a briefing. Blacklisted names will be announced shortly

Stephen Bigan

(Фото: Chung Sung-jun / AP)

The Belarusian authorities use violence against the opposition and illegally detain citizens, including the US citizen Vitaly Shklyarov, said on Friday, September 11, First Deputy Secretary of State Stephen Bigan. He called on the authorities in Minsk to release the prisoners and hold new elections, as the Belarusian people want, according to the official.

At the same time, Bigan added that the United States plans to expand the sanctions list and will announce concrete steps in this direction in the near future. “In addition to these 16 individuals, we and the European Union are exchanging information regarding the addition of new names. [в черный список]that we will be ready to announce in the near future, ”Bigan said during a telephone briefing with reporters. The Deputy Secretary of State clarified that the list of personal sanctions will be determined within the “next few days.”


Protests after the presidential elections in Belarus. the main thing


Photo: Vasily Fedosenko / Reuters

The State Department does not exclude that in the future the United States may impose more ambitious sanctions against Belarus. “Initially, we are exploring the possibility of introducing targeted sanctions against those most responsible for the circumstances surrounding the violence and the organization of elections. [9 августа]”- said Bigan, specifying that they will be deprived of the opportunity to enter the United States and access to property in this country.

“With regard to sectoral or company sanctions, <...> then as the situation develops, additional measures will be considered, ”added a State Department official, answering a question from one of the journalists. At the same time, Bigan emphasized that the United States does not want to introduce restrictions that would have undesirable consequences for ordinary Belarusians.

.

Wedding ceremonies and feasts were banned in Georgia due to COVID-19 :: Society :: RBC

In accordance with the decision of the interagency coordination council, from September 10, it is completely prohibited to hold celebrations accompanied by feasts and gathering of guests – weddings, commemorations, anniversaries, and so on.

Photo: Anatoly Strunin / TASS

Due to the rapid increase in the number of cases of coronavirus infection COVID-19, the Georgian authorities have tightened restrictions to prevent the spread of infection. In accordance with the decision of the interdepartmental coordinating council, from September 10, it is completely prohibited to hold celebrations accompanied by feasts and gathering of guests – weddings, commemorations, anniversaries, etc. This is stated in messagepublished on the website of the government of Georgia.

Until now, such events were allowed outside closed premises, but the new rules prohibit them completely, explained the head of the government administration Natia Mezvrishvili.


Coronavirus pandemic. Most relevant for September 11

At the same time, it is prohibited to hold any cultural and sports events with the participation of more than 200 people, which until now were also allowed to be held outdoors. Mezvrishvili clarified that the ban will not affect pre-election rallies and other events related to the election campaign (elections of deputies of the country’s parliament will be held on October 31 in Georgia).

“We understand that the election campaign is in full swing and, of course, all restrictions on cultural and sports events do not apply to the election campaign,” Mezvrishvili said.

.

Mishustin reported an increase in the number of employees on a remote site by almost 30 times :: Society :: RBC

Photo: Sergey Pivovarov / RIA Novosti

The number of Russians working remotely exceeded 2 million people; since April 1, it has grown by almost 30 times. This was announced by Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin at a meeting on the situation on the labor market. The transcript is published on the government website.

Speaking about how to “really improve the situation with employment,” the head of government proposed “to actively apply new methods in the field of employment”, including a remote format of work. “Now the number of those who work remotely exceeds 2 million people. That is, from April 1, it grew by almost 30 times, ”Mishustin said.

The prime minister also noted the convenience of such a form of employment “for many categories of workers,” including for people with disabilities or families with children. In the future, the distance format can be used in such areas as information technology and a number of secondary and higher education programs, he said. Moreover, the rights of workers on a remote site should be protected in accordance with the law, Mishustin emphasized.

Putin called the test for himself the need to work remotely

Vladimir Putin

After President Vladimir Putin announced a non-working day due to coronavirus, many companies began to massively transfer employees to a remote location. In mid-May, the head of state announced the end of the non-working week period.

.

NRW state government extends restrictions in Gütersloh

NAfter the Corona outbreak at the meat processor Tönnies, public life in the Gütersloh district remains restricted for another week until July 7th. For the neighboring district of Warendorf, on the other hand, restrictions expire at midnight on Wednesday, as NRW Prime Minister Armin Laschet (CDU) said in Düsseldorf on Monday.

The Robert Koch Institute published new figures on the so-called seven-day incidence on Monday night. The number of new infections per 100,000 inhabitants in the district of Gütersloh has been well above the 50 mark within the past seven days. Accordingly, the downward trend continued after very high values ​​due to the corona outbreak at meat processor Tönnies. According to the latest RKI data, there have been 112.6 such cases in the Gütersloh district within the past seven days after 132.9 on Sunday and 164.2 on Saturday. On Tuesday, this had been 270.2.

According to the RKI figures, the Gütersloh district remains the only district in Germany above the important mark of 50 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants within the past seven days. The background is the massive outbreak of the corona virus at the Tönnies meat plant in Rheda-Wiedenbrück in the district. The regional lockdown, which has been in effect since Wednesday, was previously limited to June 30.

Laschet: “The results make us confident”

In the Warendorf district, which also has many Tönnies employees, the key indicator for combating the pandemic had dropped below the important 50 mark in the past seven days at 47.9 new infections per 100,000 inhabitants in the past seven days. According to data from Monday, the value is currently 22.0 cases.

According to Laschet, after the Corona outbreak at Tönnies, the virus has hardly spread to the rest of the population, according to the state government of North Rhine-Westphalia. If one extracts the Tönnies employees, the key indicator of new infections per 100,000 inhabitants in the Gütersloh district has been 22.5 within the past seven days. In the neighboring district of Warendorf it was 5.4 – also excluding the Tönnies employees. “The results are encouraging,” said the Prime Minister.

As the state government further announced, the current regulations of the Corona Protection Ordinance in NRW will be extended by a further two weeks until at least July 15, 2020. This includes, among other things, the mask requirement for certain areas.

.

the chances that Perm Region will be lifted are high

On June 30, a meeting of the operational headquarters should be held in the Perm Territory, at which the possibility of removing a number of restrictions will be discussed. Two consecutive days – June 28 and 29 – the distribution coefficient of coronavirus in Prikamye is 0.79. This is one of the important indicators of the phased lifting of restrictions – for the second stage, it should be less than 0.8.

In addition, over the past three days, 510 beds were additionally re-profiled for COVID-19 treatment in the province. The indicator “availability of free bed fund” amounted to 67.7 percent.

– Over the past two days, key indicators have been kept in the Kama region at the level of standards for moving to the second stage of lifting restrictive measures, – said Sergey Nikiforov, Deputy Prime Minister of the Perm Territory, in charge of healthcare. – This allows us to discuss the draft plan for the transition to the second stage.

At the second stage, street cafes, museums and exhibition halls, shopping centers up to 800 square meters, children’s clubs, public organizations, research institutes, playgrounds and kindergartens, including private ones, will be opened.

As a source in the operational headquarters told Komsomolskaya Pravda, the chances are high that the second stage in the Perm Territory will begin on July 1.

.

“No need to hide from the virus in a cocoon!” – Perm epidemiologist about the current situation

.

On Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands allowed to hold mass events :: Society :: RBC

View of the city of Kurilsk

(Photo: Sergey Krasnoukhov / TASS)

On Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands, mass events were allowed to be held indoors without restrictions on the number of participants and the area of ​​their accommodation. This was reported on the website of the regional government.

“At the same time, the organizers must ensure social distance and the availability of respiratory protective equipment (masks and respirators),” the report says.

Previously, no more than 50 people could gather for mass events in enclosed spaces.

On Sakhalin, prosecutors found violations in payments to doctors for COVID-19

Photo: Andrey Nikerichev / AGN “Moscow”

Authorities have also established new rules for mandatory quarantine for visitors. Now they must observe the observation “for the period established in the order of the official of the body performing the federal state sanitary and epidemiological surveillance”. As the government explained, this will allow an average of five days to be observed (with all the coronavirus tests passed).

Self-isolation for citizens over 65 and people with chronic diseases in the region is extended until July 10.

Earlier in the region they allowed the work of hairdressers, restaurants, cafes, kindergartens, shopping centers.

According to the latest data, 742 patients with coronavirus infection were identified in the Sakhalin Region. According to the map of the abolition of restrictions, the region is at the third and final stage of exit from preventive measures.

The spread of coronavirus Covid-19 in the regions of Russia

Number of confirmed cases of infection

Source: Federal and Regional Anti-Virus Activities

Russian data i

.

US authorities warned of a “closing window” of opportunities due to the virus :: Society :: RBC

Source: JHU

World Data i

According to the latest relevant information from Johns Hopkins University, over 2.54 million infections have been detected in the United States. 125.8 thousand people died. The country accounts for about a quarter of all cases of infection and deaths detected in the world. Over 30 thousand people died in New York.

Hazard noted that in some states, primarily in the southern, the spread of the virus continues to increase. According to him, there quarantine measures were too early there contrary to the rules established at the federal level. The latter provide for the possibility of moving to the second phase of lifting restrictions only after the number of detected cases has been reduced in the state for two weeks.

The Florida Department of Health reported June 8,530 new cases per day. And an infectious disease doctor at a Tampa Florida hospital, Kami Kim told FT that the number of such patients doubled in a couple of weeks. The number of new cases is growing rapidly in Arizona, Texas, Florida and South Carolina.

According to CNN on June 28, only two out of 50 states reported a decrease in the growth of new cases of coronavirus, these are Connecticut and Rhode Island. In 36 states, the number of patients is only increasing. CNN, like FT, points out that a particularly difficult situation has developed in Florida, which could become a new epicenter of the spread of infection.

Azar said that the reason for this may be too hasty lifting of restrictions, confirmed the former head of the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Tom Frieden. According to him, mortality has not yet reached a peak and at least 15 thousand people may become victims of infection in the country next month.

Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo said that the ongoing increase in the number of cases of coronavirus in the US is not the second wave of the epidemic, but the failure of attempts to contain the first wave. According to the FT, he uses such statements to criticize the Donald Trump administration. The actions of the White House are actively criticized by the Democrats. So, the team of Joe Biden, the rival of Trump in the upcoming presidential election, called the trip of Vice President Michael Pence to Texas, where the unfavorable situation continues, a demonstration of the “dismissive attitude that the administration showed towards solving this crisis from the very beginning.”

Coronavirus pandemic. The most relevant on June 28

At the end of last week, June 27, Reuters reported the maximum daily increase in the number of patients in the United States since the start of the epidemic: 40,870 new cases of coronavirus infection.

.