OverBorder Studio’s action role-playing game Thymesia is released under the independent games label by Team17. With today’s announcement of the partnership, the studio’s debut title will be released for PC later this year. Set in a world ravaged by a plague, Thymesia will challenge players with fast-paced hand-to-hand combat as they unravel the secrets of the staggeringly beautiful world.
At the center of the story is Corvus, a mysterious character who is able to seize enemy diseases and use them as weapons against his opponents; players will engage in visceral combat combining fierce offensive skills, perfectly timed parries and dynamic evasive maneuvers to defeat ruthless enemies. Players will also have the option to customize Corvus to suit their own play style and upgrade various stats to aid their journey to restore Corvus’ memories.
Thymesia Key Features:
- Using Diseases as Weapons: As a Corvus, players can seize diseases from enemies and use them as deadly weapons
- Intense battles: players must use their entire arsenal to avoid death; Dodging attacks and parrying at the right time are critical to survival
- A dark and deadly world: Thymesia offers an eerie and gloomy backdrop that has a lot of character due to the surroundings and the setting.
- Merciless Enemies: The enemies, corrupted by the plague and mutated into monsters, are twisted and incredibly hostile and challenge the player at every turn
- Replayability: The ability to customize Corvus and try different builds, as well as the different endings available, mean that no two rounds are ever the same.
Moon Lee, Game Director, OverBorder Studio said:
“The enthusiasm of the community has been incredible and we are happy to be working on Thymesia with Team17. Your support has been instrumental in the development of the game and we can’t wait to share the challenging world we have created with players later this year. ”
Craig McCarthy, Producer, Team17 said:
“Thymesia is a unique title for Team17 and we are so excited to be working with OverBorder Studio on this dark and gritty title. We are confident that players will enjoy exploring the world and testing their fighting skills as Corvus and facing the monstrous opponents that await them. “
To stay up to date on all the information about Thymesia, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and join us on Discord.