The appearance of protein in the urine should be a cause for concern, because this can be evidence of serious diseases, including cancer.
Of course, you do not need to panic, because such a situation is often temporary and not related to pathology, but it does pay attention. There are many different reasons why a protein can appear in the urine. Discussion of these reasons, doctors repeatedly paid attention because of the importance of this indicator.
Protein in urine what this means: two types of proteinuria
Proteinuria (just this very protein of urine) can say that the kidneys are broken. Because of this, too much protein is ingested in the urine.
It is customary to make a distinction between pathological and physiological proteinuria. The development of pathological proteinuria occurs against a background of different diseases. Physiological proteinuria can be found in a completely healthy person.
Protein in urine what this means: the causes of physiological proteinuria
Physiological proteinuria can occur because of:
– too much physical activity;
– psychological and emotional shock;
– local and systemic supercooling;
– stay in the sun for a long time;
– pregnancy (third trimester);
– long standing on legs;
– treatment by physiotherapeutic procedures;
– active palpitation of the kidney by a doctor;
– Inadequate collection of urine for analysis.
After the causes of physiological proteinuria are eliminated, the indicators in the urinalysis should be in accordance with the norm. However, if the circumstances that caused the appearance of protein in the urine in time not to eliminate, then pathological proteinuria may develop.
Protein in urine what it means: causes of pathological proteinuria
The development of pathological proteinuria can result in:
– diseases of the urinary system: pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, kidney and bladder stones, kidney trauma, inflamed prostate gland, specific kidney lesions, etc .;
– diseases and infections, accompanied by a feverish state: influenza, acute respiratory infections, pneumonia and others;
– a severe hypersensitivity reaction: anaphylactic shock, Quincke edema and others;
– the second and third stage of hypertensive disease with kidney damage;
– Diseases of endocrinology;
– poisoning the body;
– Acute inflammatory process in the rectum;
– systematic use of drugs: antibiotics, cytostatics and others;
– Systemic diseases: sclerotomy, lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis and others;
– oncological diseases.
The protein in the urine in the male part of the population most often appears due to inflammation of the prostate or canal of urination. In this case, you need to contact a urologist.
Protein in urine what it means: the need for medical advice
As you can see, the factors, due to which there is a protein in the urine is a great variety. And since proteinuria is just a sign of some kind of disease, the treatment should be selected separately for each patient. Based on the above, after receiving a urine test, where the protein exceeded the allowable rate, you need to consult a doctor-nephrologist. Self-medication in this case is highly not recommended, especially the use of folk remedies, which are not always effective, and in some cases dangerous.