Throughout this 2020 we have been learning new details about the resurface of a brand that was with us for a certain time, but was finally forced to close due to sales well below expectations. Now, Hummer comes back in a completely different way and he does it with a pick-up 100% eléctrico of which we already have all its characteristics. Your name? GMC Hummer EV 2022.
As we told you here, General Motors has ambitious plans for the next few years as its roadmap included the manufacture of various 100% electric models under different brands, among which is Hummer. A long awaited return but although The iconic American off-road firm is back, does it in a very different way.
There are big changes, but these will not focus on the aesthetics but on the mechanics. We say this because Hummer has become an electric vehicle brand and its first model has just been presented, after a preview in the form of a video during the celebration of the legendary Super Bowl. An ideal setting to announce the return of the company and its clear commitment to eco-friendly propulsion systemsA far cry from the powerful V8s of the H1, H2 and H3 of the past.
From an aesthetic point of view, the front presents a style very similar to that of the aforementioned models, but with a modern, advanced and technological touch, especially if we attend to its optical groups with led technology. The letters of the brand are present on the grill and the ‘R’ at the end is accompanied by siglas ‘EV’ small in size, in reference to the electric propulsion system. In the lower area, the logo of the Detroit-based automobile giant stands out.
Like a crab
One of the peculiarities of the GMC Hummer EVE 2022 is called Crab Mode and it is an option that allows the off-road vehicle to have four directional wheels, something that a priori does not seem very new, but the truth is that this system goes one step further because it allows the vehicle move diagonally, hence the name Crab, crab.
This mode increases the car’s off-road capabilities, one of the qualities that GM has emphasized and that we finally know about, after several delays due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A real colossus
But, without a doubt, the most important thing about Hummer’s green SUV is the data related to the propeller that has been provided by the company itself and, as you can imagine, they are as exaggerated as the size of the vehicle. A power of nothing less than 1,000 horses and a huge maximum torque of 15,574 Nm! All this accompanied by an acceleration from 0 to 60 mph (about 97 km / h) in just three seconds.
Some of the most prominent features available are:
- Segment Exclusive CrabWalk Four-Wheel Steering: Allows the front and rear wheels to turn at the same angle at low speeds, giving the vehicle diagonal movement for better maneuverability even on challenging terrain. It is the so-called crab mode.
- Adaptive air suspension that allows you to raise the body height by 15 cm, to improve off-road capabilities in extreme conditions, such as rock climbing or wading.
- Goodyear Wrangler All Territory MT 35-inch tires offered as standard, and ability to use three-inch tires. All to optimize the maneuverability along with the off-road capacity of the GMC Hummer EV that the brand confirms in a climbing capacity of 18 inches and a depth of fording greater than 60 cm.
- Protections under the chassis using strong steel plates that are strategically placed around the battery pack and other areas to provide better protection in extreme off-road conditions.
- UltraVision system, based on next-generation front and rear cameras positioned strategically under the bodywork to help drivers navigate obstacles on and off the road. They are protected to prevent damage and equipped with a scrubbing function to help remove mud, dirt, etc. This allows the Hummer EV to offer GMC the best variety of views in its class, with up to 18 possibilities that are controlled from the vehicle itself.
- Off-road widgets that show vehicle functions and road status to the driver via infotainment displays.
The Hummer EV 2022 is GMC’s first 100% electric car is based on the technology called Ultium Drive, a battery system that allows to have high doses of power and an e4WD traction system based on three motors.
The debut will take place at the end of 2021 with a special launch edition whose main features are:
- 800 volt DC fast charging capacity compatible with up to 350 kW. Thanks to its own technology, the batteries change from parallel to series during charging, which makes the car compatible with the fastest 350 kW DC chargers, allowing a range of 257 km in 10 minutes of charging.
- Ultium 24-module, double-stack battery propulsion system that, according to the brand, offers excellent autonomy (greater than 560 km) and high power figures to the aforementioned three engines.
- It includes the most recent version of the Super Cruise, a hands-free driving system that is combined with new functionalities for the automatic lane change device, where the system determines if the change is optimal and, following the signaling protocols, starts the maneuver .
- Watts to Freedom. It’s an immersive, selectable driving experience that unleashes the powertrain’s full throttle ability. This means having an acceleration from 0 to 100 km / h in approximately three seconds.
- Different selectable drive modes tailor performance, including front and rear-wheel torque delivery and four-wheel steering settings, for different driving conditions. Terrain mode is included, which increases the available height by up to two inches.
- Adaptive handling control, continuous damping that adapts to driving on and off the road.
- Standard Infinity roof and Sky clear removable panels that store in the storage compartment at the front of the vehicle.
- Premium technical interior materials. It features a 13.4-inch infotainment screen and a 12.3-inch Driver Information Center display.
- MultiPro rear box lid with six functional positions.
- Power rear glass and power tarp cover.
The electric Hummer will be manufactured at the Hamtramck factory located in Detroit, United States. General Motors hopes to launch it in fall 2021.
This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io