RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 – Almost a year after the release of the game on home consoles, PC players will finally have the right to get their hands on the title of RockStar Games.
[Mis à jour le 31 octobre 2019 à 15h55] While waiting for the first feedback on the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC, you can already rush to the dematerialized version of the game, which can be purchased on the Rockstar launcher or on the Epic Games Store. The game is available as a preload to allow slower connections to download the 150 GB of data. The launch trailer is available for the occasion and gives us the context of the history of the title and its western universe.
Red Dead Redemption 2 additions to PC
When the PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2 was announced, Rockstar Games announced story mode additions, as well as graphics and technical improvements. Here is the list of upcoming additions in Story mode:
- Three new bounty hunter missions
- Stalk Herman Zizendorf in Blackwater because he stole tools from the merchants.
- Former Confederate Cavalry Officer, Camille de Millemont is wanted Dead or alive by Catfish Jacksons. But watch out for his loyal comrades who are never far away.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping in Big Valley. Capture Bart dead or alive, without alerting his gang.
- Two new gang haunts
- Tackle the Del Lobos gang in their new haunts: Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly.
- New weapons for Story Mode:
- M1899 pistol – a semi-automatic pistol
- Evans Repeater – previously only available in Red Dead Online
- High Roller Revolver – previously only available in Red Dead Online
- The Mat Revolver – previously only available in Red Dead Online
- New amulets with new effects:
- Hawk Talon – Permanently reduces the stamina bar reduction by 30% when you strike a bow
- Cat eye – Permanently increases the duration of reinforcement consumables by 20%
- Shark tooth – Increases experience with a horse by 10%
- Turtle shell – increases the speed of life recovery by 10%
- Crow’s beak – increases the amount of ammo collected by 10%
Hardware specifications for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC
The hardware requirements have been revealed for Red Dead Redemption 2. Unlike other games, and despite what some expected, the title of Rockstar Games is not that greedy in terms of hardware. The only point that could possibly shock would be the necessary disk space on the hard drive, but we expected this given the immensity of the game: 150GB.
- OS: Windows 7 – Service Pack 1
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K / AMD FX-6300
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB / AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB
- Direct X11 compatible sound card or equivalent
- Disk space: 150 GB
- OS: Windows 10 – April 2018 Update
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K / AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- RAM: 12 GB
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB / AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB
- Direct X11 compatible sound card or equivalent
- Disk space: 150 GB
It’s the big day: Red Dead Redemption 2 is available for pre-order. After a year of console exclusivity, Rockstar takes pity on us and makes its game available on PC. The same strategy had been implemented for GTA 5 and it had paid off, making the game a great success still played today, especially thanks to the modding community.
Red Dead Redemption 2 will therefore be available on November 5, accompanied by technical and graphic improvements, without giving us too much details on this subject. Players will also have new missions, new places to visit, and new weapons to use.
But if the pre-order is available from October 9, it is only on the Launcher of Rockstar, dedicated to their own games. You will have to wait until October 23 to pre-order it on other platforms, such as the Epic Games Store, Greenman Gaming or Humble Store. As for Steam, it will take even more patience because Red Dead Redemption 2 will not be available on the Valve platform until December 5. In the meantime, a pre-order on the Rockstar Launcher will offer you two juices, and what start your adventure right after the game’s release on PC, on November 5:
- Two games from this list:
- Grand Theft Auto III
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
- Bully: Scholarship Edition
- L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
- Max Payne 3: The Complete Edition
- A set of in-game bonuses:
- The Outlaw Survival Kit for Story Mode
- The War Horse for Story Mode
- A treasure map for Story mode
- Bonus dollars for story mode
- 50 gold bars for Red Dead Online
Multiplayer classes in Frontier Pursuits
Red Dead Redemption Online is getting an update called “Frontier Pursuits”, or “Careers of the West” in the language of Christian Clavier. This update recently lets you embody three categories of characters: a bounty hunter, a merchant or a collector. Each of these roles can be played alone or in a group and allows you to obtain progression experience in each of these classes. This progression is made of 20 levels separated into four parts: novice, promising, established and distinguished. As these levels progress, players will gain special skills and cosmetic rewards. To better understand how each class works, here is an overview:
The bounty hunter:
- Players must purchase a license in Rhodes, which costs 15 gold bars, and meet a legendary bounty hunter.
- From rank 12, you can track players with a bonus of at least $ 20. If the bounty hunter delivers the target alive, he receives a reward and the criminal is imprisoned for a time.
- To become a merchant, speak to Cripps at the camp, which will then become a trading area.
- You will be able to unlock a large number of storages to help you transport your goods (herbs, animals, skins, etc.) such as saddlebags or carts.
- You will be able to buy a dog and train it to defend your camp.
- To become a collector, you have to find Madame Nazar, the itinerant merchant, to unlock the bag.
- The collector sells the treasures, the forgotten cards, and generally all the small loots. Some of these loots will be available as a collection, which will be more valuable if sold as a whole than items sold separately.
- The collector will unlock special tools and benefits in recognition and tracking.
In addition to these three classes, the update brings several improvements to the game, such as chests to loot in carts, new custom outfits, as well as a rebalancing of weapons. In addition to all this, Rockstar joins its many competitors and endows its game with a Battle Pass with 70 levels to unlock.
The multiplayer mode of Red Dead Redemption 2, called Red Dead Online, skillfully blends story and cooperative play with a competitive system to suit all players, who will be free to explore this mode alone or with friends, always in an open world. Several activities are offered and will bring you gold and silver. You can also enjoy secondary activities like hunting or fishing. No poker or dominoes yet, but they may be added in future updates.
In total, 5 game modes will be available, titled Make It Count, Most Wanted, Name Your Weapon, Team Shootout and Races. For the moment, nothing about duels or Mission mode, which are surely planned for future updates. You can participate in these modes alone or with your friends. If you prefer to dwell on the story, rest assured: the multiplayer mode will have its own story as well as scripted missions with moral choices that will affect your level of honor as in the solo mode.
Any good multiplayer open world game must have its own races. In Red Dead Online, the races are divided into 3 different types: point by point, lap and open races. The point by point races will take place at Fort Wallace and Bard’s Crossing, while the lap races will start in different regions of Saint Denis. Finally, the open races will ask you to go through different checkpoints in the regions of Blackwater, Rhodes, Saint Denis, Tumbleweed and Valentine. A team deathmatch mode is also available at Saint Denis Docks and Bolger Glade.
The mode Name Your Weapon is quite original. Basically it is the mode each for oneself in which each elimination brings back points. However, depending on the weapon you use, you will get more or less points. Simply put, the more you use an unwieldy weapon, the more points you will earn. You will be able to fight on 5 different cards, which are Lanik Electrical, Tall Trees, Hearthland Oiled fields, Fort Mercer and Annesburg.
Most Wanted is a game mode incorporating the classics of video games. In this mode, players are left to fend for themselves and must get the most kills to climb the leaderboard. But the more you kill your opponents, the bigger the bounty on your head, which means there will be more and more people chasing you. 5 cards are planned for this mode: Saint Denis, Tall Trees, thieves Landing, Tumble Weed and Valentine.
Make It Count is the Battle Royale mode of Red Dead Redemption 2. This mode will include 32 players who will have to fight to stay the last alive while a deadly circle will gradually decrease. Players will only be able to use the bow and throwing cost, both of which have limited ammo. Currently, 3 different maps will be available for Battle Royale mode: Strawberry, Stillwater Creek and Tall Trees.
Most of the tests of the specialized press were published at the same time, on October 25 around noon. And the least we can say is that the game is unanimous since everyone agrees that Red Dead Redemption 2 pushes the limits of video games. On the English-speaking side, the notes range from 9 to 10 on IGN, Game Informer or GameSpot. Others like Kotaku preferred not to give a rating to the game, even if they recognize the quality of the game. On the French side, the jeuxvideo.com site salutes the game with a nice 19/20 while jeuxactu outright exceeds the limits with a score of 20/20 assigned to the game. Everyone applauds the level of detail and incredible nature of the game, whether the characters or the environments that are perfectly successful.
If you don’t have a PS4 and the game convinced you to take one, be happy: since the day of the release, many PS4 packs with Red Dead Redemption 2 are available. The PS4 Pro Jet Black 1 TB pack supplied with a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and the Red Dead Redemption 2 game in Blu-Ray for a recorded price of € 439.99. Then comes the PS4 1 TB pack also supplied with a DUALSHOCK 4 wireless controller and a copy of Red Dead Redemption 2 in Blu-Ray all for a noted price of € 349.99.
Holders of the game on Xbox One X will play with better graphics quality, although the PS4 Pro version is also very beautiful. Indeed, Xbox France announced on Twitter that Red Dead Redemption 2 has a resolution of 3840×2160, or in native 4K while exploiting HDR. Better quality than what the PS4 Pro offers with a resolution slightly higher than 1440p, in 1920×2160. Players who bought the game on Xbox One X therefore have the most beautiful version on the screen compared to Playstation players.