Since last March 18 so only the driver could circulate in the car, prohibiting travel with companions. A rule that, if violated, could lead to a minimum penalty of 300 euros, and a maximum of 1,000 euros.
Furthermore, according to Article 7 of the alarm decree on the limitation of the freedom of movement of people, it is ruled that «During the validity of the state of alarm, people they can only circulate on the tracks or spaces for public use »to carry out a few activities, for which in addition some type of supporting document may be required by the police.
Thus, the DGT clarifies the only seven reasons for which we can move by car:
1. Acquisition of food, pharmaceuticals and basic necessities (including buying the newspaper and going to the tobacco shop)
2. Assistance to health centers, services and establishments.
3. Travel to the workplace to carry out their work, professional or business provision. Click [AQUÍ] to know what document you will have to carry in the car if you are an essential worker and do not want to be fined
4. Return to the place of habitual residence.
5. Assistance and care for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or especially vulnerable people.
6. Travel to financial and insurance entities.
7. Due to force majeure or need.
Private vehicles will be allowed to circulate on public roads to carry out the activities referred to in the list, or to refuel at gas stations or service stations.
According to the National Police, “you must go one by one in the car, except in exceptional cases and always respecting the safety distance, that is, the driver on site and the passenger in the back seat, on the right side vehicle”. In this way, and with a justified reason to go two or more (for example, that are lower or higher in charge of the driver), the fine can be avoided.