(Photo credits: Flickr – L. Grassin)
(Updated with addition of Veolia, addition of Total, Electrolux, Latécoère)
* Change in futures on the CAC 40 0 # FCE index:
* Change in futures on the Stoxx 600 0 # FXXP index:
* Securities which are treated ex-dividend .EX.PA
* Update on the European markets .EUFR
PARIS, September 25 (Reuters) – Stocks to watch on Friday on the Paris Stock Exchange and in Europe:
* LAGARDÈRE LAGA.PA – Bernard Arnault has acquired a direct stake of more than 5% in the Lagardère group and has finalized its entry into the capital of Arnaud Lagardère’s personal holding company, up to 27%, the two families announced Thursday.
* SUEZ SEVI.PA , VEOLIA VIE.PA – The Autorité des marchés financiers (AMF) on Thursday rejected the interpretation given by Suez to Veolia’s two-step approach to buy out its competitor and considered that it was not a pre- offer. Suez announced that he was going to appeal to the Paris Court of Appeal. For his part, the CEO of Veolia said Friday that he did not plan to sell his Water France business to buy Suez.
* TOTAL TOTF.PA has set itself the long-term ambition of being one of the world’s five largest producers of renewable energies in the face of the anticipated decline in oil consumption, says its CEO Patrick Pouyanné in an interview posted on the Parisien website https: / /www.leparisien.fr/economie/total-al-ambition-d-etre-dans-le-top-5-mondial-des-producteurs-d-energies-renouvelables-24-09-2020-8391030.php.
The group also announced on Friday that it had reached an agreement with Spain’s Ignis to develop 3.3 gigawatts (GW) of solar projects located near Madrid and Andalusia.
* IPSEN IPN.PA announced on Friday the appointment of Philippe Lopes-Fernandes as executive vice-president and chief business officer, effective October 1, 2020.
* JULIUS BAER BAER.S – Switzerland’s highest court ordered Julius Baer to pay a total of around 150 million Swiss francs (136.6 million euros) following a complaint by the German agency who oversaw the privatization of East German state assets. The banking group indicated that this fine was fully covered by a provision made in December 2009.
* UNICREDIT CRDI.MI is ready to abandon its life insurance partnership with British insurer Aviva AV.L, Italian media reported on Friday.
* ELECTROLUX ELUXb.ST announced on Friday that it will propose to reintroduce a dividend as its results and cash flow improved in the third quarter.
* LATECOERE LAEP.PA asked Euronext to suspend its listing from September 25 before the publication of a press release.
THE 7-DAY FRANCE & INTERNATIONAL AGENDA:
THE LATEST on the recommendation changes in Paris: