Home » Health » There are 11 new cases of coronavirus in Argentina and the total number of infected amounts to 45

There are 11 new cases of coronavirus in Argentina and the total number of infected amounts to 45

The Ministry of Health reported this Saturday that there are eleven new cases of coronavirus in Argentina and there are a total of 45 infected. They belong to the City of Buenos Aires, Santa Fe, Chaco and the province of Buenos Aires. Of the 11 infected people, 10 correspond to cases with a history of travel to the risk area, while the other confirmed case belongs to close contact with confirmed cases.

The 11 patients are complying with the established isolation by the health authorities and under the medical supervision of the institutions that attended them.

Of the 45 infected that there are so far, 3 were discharged, 2 died and 40 are in treatment.

Two of the confirmed cases today are in the province of Buenos Aires and correspond to male patients of 74 and 45 years, with traveled in the last time. Both remain interned and isolated. One is in Santa Fe, six in CABA and two in Chaco.

The health authorities of the jurisdictions are carrying out the epidemiological investigation of the new confirmed cases, in order to detect close contacts so that they comply with the home isolation with daily monitoring established by protocol.

According to a ministry report, Argentina is still in the containment phase to detect suspected cases early, ensure their isolation, provide adequate care to patients.

Meanwhile, the last Thursday the first infected in the country, a man called Ariel, 43, he was discharged and returned to his home in the Recoleta neighborhood, after eleven days hospitalized and isolated. This was communicated by the latest report prepared by the health authorities of the city of Buenos Aires, which also clarified that so far there are thirteen other hospitalized in health centers in the Federal Capital.

This weekend the Minister of Health, Ginés González García, He said that for the Government there is “top priority on the subject” and that the “President heads all this and assigned resources to us in this circumstance”; and that they are working together with all the provinces to be prepared against a flare-up of coronavirus cases.

Along the same lines was the statement from the Health portfolio on Saturday night, considering that “Argentina continues in the containment phase to detect suspected cases early, to ensure their isolation, provide adequate care to patients and implement research, prevention and control measures aimed at reducing the risk of spread of infection in the population. ”

“To date, in Argentina the majority of cases are imported. Local transmission is detected in close contacts, with no evidence of community transmission. The country is on high alert to raise awareness of epidemiological surveillance and integrated and timely response, “said the statement.

Leave a Comment