The intense hailstorm that fell this Sunday in the area of Tres Marías, Parres El Guarda and Topilejo in the Tlalpan mayor’s office left postcards that users shared on their social networks.
The roads and landscapes were covered in white due to hail and rain, so the circulation on the Mexico-Cuernavaca highway collapsed and several skidded motorcyclists and other incidents were reported due to range between vehicles.
Tres Marías, Parres El Guarda and Topilejo in the mayor’s office #Tlalpan they were ‘painted’ white.
– Excelsior (@Excelsior) January 18, 2021
It may interest you: Hail leaves motorcyclists stranded in Mexico-Cuernavaca; they report skidding
Therefore, the Secretariat for Comprehensive Risk Management and Civil Protection of Mexico City issued a series of recommendations for hail fall, including:
- Avoid going outside, and if you are outside the house, shelter from hail.
- Protect plants and animals that may be exposed to these conditions, as they could be injured.
- Tune in to the media to find out about the latest weather situation.
- In case of driving during the storm, keep at least one and a half meters of distance between each vehicle.
- If the storm worsens, pull over and turn on the lights to avoid accidents.
It may interest you: Hailstorm ‘pint’ of white Mexico-Cuernavaca
Through its Twitter account, the Command, Control, Computing, Communication and Citizen Contact Center of Mexico City alerted the population about the hail fall.
In the event of a fall #hail:
❄ Avoid going outside; if you’re out, take cover
❄ Protect animals and plants
❄ If you find yourself driving, slow down; if necessary, orrílla
❄ Stay informed#PreventionIsOurStrength pic.twitter.com/swUnm4bJ5R
– Secretariat of Comprehensive Risk Management and PC (@SGIRPC_CDMX) January 17, 2021
Visit our Galleries by clicking on the following link.
In the following link you can find the latest news.
Copyright law strictly prohibits copying all or part of Excelsior materials without first obtaining written permission and without including the link to the original text.