Tomasz Siemoniak from the Civic Platform commented on the Platform senators’ departure to Miami, Florida. He stated that there are probably better times for such trips, but on the other hand, the Senate deals with the Polish diaspora and it was about meeting Poles. – Let the Senate Chancellery explain it – said that Marshal Tomasz Grodzki did not have any high-level meetings arranged there. In turn, he called a mistake the fact that the opposition politicians were alone during the departure of the Senate delegation.
The PiS candidate has knocked out his rivals. In the elections, he fought not only with them [WYWIAD]
In the first round, Rafał Krajewski won the election for the head of the Raciążek commune in the Aleksandrów Kujawski poviat. In the interview for tvp.info, thank you …
Senate Marshal Tomasz Grodzki flew to Miami, Florida in America, to take part in the Polish 60 Million Congress.
Tomasz Siemoniak, deputy head of the Civic Platform, was asked in an interview by RMF FM about whether the departure of a PO politician at the time of the threat of war from Russia was a good idea.
– I did not follow this case closely. I am focusing heavily on what is happening in Ukraine, replied the politician.
– I understand that some journalists, and some public opinion, received badly that the Senate delegation went to the Polish diaspora in Miami. There are probably better moments, while the Senate deals with the Polish diaspora, the Speaker of the Senate is not the Minister of Defense or the Minister of Foreign Affairs – added Siemoniak.
See also -> Grodzki flew to Florida. “I think to the beach and prom”
The journalist who was conducting the interview noted that Grodzki met in the USA, inter alia, with the chairman of the council of Miami-Dade County Commissioners, Jose “Pepe” Diaz, and representatives from the local university, and there were no talks with any senators, congressmen or governors.
– Was it the appropriate rank of meetings for, as Grodzki loves to repeat it, referring to himself, the third person in the country? This is the rank of a Senate Marshal’s visit to tropical Miami? The editor asked.
Statement by Marshal Witek: My appearance before the Supreme Audit Office is impossible
Fulfilling the obligation arising from the constitution to protect the rights of the Sejm, I would like to inform you that my appearance before the Supreme Audit Office is not …
– I understand that, first of all, he went to the Polish Diaspora and every Polonus is important, even if he does not perform any function – explained Siemoniak.
Grodzki did not take PiS away? “That `s bad”
The politician assessed that the Senate Chancellery should explain why during this visit it was not ensured that the Speaker of the Senate had the opportunity to talk with various important people.
See also -> “Tusk was furious.” Echoes of Marshal Grodzki’s trip to Miami
The journalist also asked for an explanation as to why the Higher Chamber of Parliament did not provide for a “diverse delegation” – out of five people there was not one of the largest senate club, i.e. PiS. – It looks like a tropical vacation for public money – he assessed.
– It is bad that the delegation did not consist of representatives of all clubs and did not reflect the balance of power in the Senate. I consider this to be a mistake. Let the Senate draw conclusions from it, let the Speaker of the Senate draw conclusions from it. I do not think that it is such a dramatic matter – replied Siemoniak.