By Medicine Hat News on March 14, 2020.
The Alberta government has requested that all gatherings of at least 250 people be suspended until further notice in an attempt to slow down the potential spread of COVID-19.
This recommendation covers several events in the Medicine Hat area, including minor events for which organizers are paying close attention.
This list is updated at 17:00 on Friday, but please check with the organizers of your particular event for more information.
– Western Hockey League – All matches suspended until further notice, including at the Canalta Center in Medicine Hat. Upcoming games included
– Canalta Center – All WHL games until further notice. Friday Brad Paisley concert, postponed, details on potential reprogramming to follow, Roseanne Barr (May 1), Baby Shark Live! (June 23)
– Esplanade – Anne of Green Gables the Ballet (Friday) of the Canadian ballet Jorgen, refunds available
– Medicine Hat College – Journey Towards Healing and Reconciliation Conference (23-27 March) and the regional scientific fair (21 March) have been postponed indefinitely
– The Hat Grannies for Alberta Fabric, Yarn and More Sale on Saturday, has been postponed for further communication.
– All Raising the Curtain events have been postponed.
– Saturday’s Polar Plunge in support of Alberta Special Olympics has been canceled.
– The annual Stars of the Festival concert during the Rotary Music Festival has been canceled. A Friday Rose Bowl winner will be published in Monday’s news.
– The annual Cabane A Sucre was scheduled for March 21st at Crescent Heights High School. The event was canceled, with full refunds offered on tickets.
– The Pecha Kucha event scheduled for next Friday has been canceled. The event staff will work with speakers to make them participate in different events.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.