Did you want to keep your conversations private? This is what you should know. WhatsApp It has become the most feasible tool for chatting worldwide. Just by adding a person’s contact number on your cell phone, you can talk and make video calls quickly, anytime, anywhere.
Now, in this period of quarantine that much of the world is in to avoid the increase in cases of coronavirusThousands of users use it daily WhatsApp to be able to talk about different topics: from someone’s birthday to what happens in the city.
Although the application brings a series of novelties when it is updated, this time a group of users who have downloaded the beta of the app and have been able to test one of the most anticipated functions for a long time: it is the possibility of self-destruct a message after a certain time.
The goal is very simple: to improve the privacy of the conversations we carry out in WhatsApp.
According to him Twitter WABeta Info, version 2.20.83 and version 2.20.84 have included this new tool. However, as it is a beta version, WhatsApp could be limited in its use and, in the end, it may not come to light depending on how well it is used.
Those users who have access to WhatsApp beta for Android can find the new function in the Settings menu of each chat. To use it, click on the Delete messages option and choose how long new messages will last before they are deleted. In this sense, the program offers several options: Off, 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month and 1 year.
With the timer set, users can see a clock icon that warns them that the message will disappear, as well as information on the time it is scheduled to stay.
As it happened with the “dark mode”, it is expected that WhatsApp, if approved, will begin to spread in the coming months and thus safely reach both Android and iPhone devices. You like me?
NEW WHATSAPP EMOJIS
As every year, WhatsApp has added a new list of emojis to its chat platform. Recently added the icons of mate, paella, bat, motorcycle taxi, tooth, clown, ostrich, among other characters and / or objects. This time, thanks to Emojipedia, some of the emoticons that will be part of the application in late 2020 have been released.
While WhatsApp added its new 230 emojis in November, it is expected that these 117 figures can also be seen only in that month.
According to the Unicode website, the new members of this “select group” were chosen after their Subcommittee on Emojis “analyzed thousands of proposals submitted by users” around the world, which had to include the reasons why they should be included. in the listing and other information.
Unicode highlighted that among these symbols, which exceed 2,000 in total and which have become popular in courier services for representing feelings and facilitating the expression of ideas, especially in WhatsAppFinally, the emojis that many were claiming will arrive. What are the new ones? Here we present them to you.
Among the new faces we will find the emoji that of the happy face with a tear of emotion, also the man with a mustache and pronounced glasses, are also enabled with a tight hand, people hugging, the ninja.
It will also be seen people in tuxedo suits, bridal gowns, men and women bottle-feeding their children, Santa Claus without a mustache, heart and lungs.
On the other hand, in the animals section we will find the potted plant, the black cat, the beaver, the face of the polar bear, the bison, the mammoth, the dodo, the feather, the beetle, the seal, the fly, the cockroach , the earthworm, the rock, the wood.
On the food we will find the olive, the blueberry, the pepper, the pita bread, the tamale, the fondue, the bubble tea and the teapot.
Emojipedia also indicated that in WhastApp New places like shack, pickup, skateboard will be added. While in the section of objects we will have the magic wand, the colored pinata, the Russian doll, the needle and thread, the knot, the sandal, the accordion, the military helmet, the long drum, the coin, the handsaw, the boomerang.
Other objects that will also be present are the hook, screwdriver, mirror, ladder, curtained window, grinder, mousetrap, drumstick, poster, toothbrush with toothpaste, and headstone.
Finally, other emojis that will come to WhatsApp are the flags and the symbols will be the elevator sign, the transgender symbol, the transgender flag.
Last year Unicode had also included fifty new symbols that revolutionized social networks, including the peacock, the flame, an abacus, the profession of superhero or the double helix of DNA.
According to a global study by the consulting firm Brandwatch on Twitter, emojis are used more by women (61%) than by men (39%) and are mainly used to express positive emotions – three-quarters have optimistic meaning.
7 WhatsApp tricks
Whatsapp is one of the few applications that cares about the experience of its users by immersing itself in its app, that is why they make updates frequently, making communication between people more practical and simple. However, not everyone knows how to get the most out of the popular application.
The creators of WhatsApp They have developed various tools so that their users can navigate at ease in the application. However, this is unknown by much of the population, it is for that reason that the same company has shared on its blog, a list of the best tricks developed by the app.
1. Hands-free voice memos: Just by holding down the microphone icon and sliding up, you can block the voice memo function to record, without having to hold the phone with your hands. An option that surprisingly works!
2. Mark main messages: To obtain this option you must use the “star” message function, where you will mark key messages that you will easily see in a central location. All you have to do is press the message you want to save as a favorite and then touch the “star” icon.
If your device is an iPhone, you can find all the starred messages by going to Settings and Starred messages or selecting the name of the chat and touching “Starred messages”. In the case of Android users, they will have to press “More options” and then “Featured messages”.
3. Review messages without touching the cell phone: If what you want is to be able to check WhatsApp without having to use your mobile device, what you have to do is download the WhatsApp web desktop app, which will project your cell phone conversations to a computer. So you can send messages, photos and gifs without having to hold your computer in your hands.
4. Use stickers in conversations: Emojis are becoming a thing of the past, nowadays stickers offer you a more fun way to express yourself. You can find them in the field where the text is entered in a conversation, in a small square icon with a folded side page, where you can also add your own stickers and bitmojis.
5. Read messages without being online: The option to hide the “Reading Receipts” is not the best option if you want the other person not to realize that you have read their message. That is why slightly lifting the message on the screen and opening the full text on the iphone lock screen is your best option to go unnoticed.
6. Manage who can add us to groups: There is nothing more uncomfortable than being added to a group full of unknown people. That is why Whatsapp developed the option to manage who can add us to groups.
When you enable the contacts from whom you want to receive messages, these people should send us an invitation link in the app. Only if we accept it, can we be added to the group.
To enable a contact we must go to Settings> Account> Security> Groups and select from the options: All, My contacts or My contacts except.
7. Have control of your groups: There is a way to change the group settings so that only we can make changes to their image or name. To do this, go to Group settings and then Edit group information.
These are the 7 tricks that you probably don’t know. Whatsapp always surprises us with news so it is likely that we will update our list in a short time.
Tired of WhatsApp? Follow these steps to delete your account
Deleting an account is not the same as logging out of WhatsApp on a mobile (for example, uninstalling the app or deleting the data), since the account is deleted from the mobile and from WhatsApp servers. In other words, you cannot log in with her on any other mobile phone again.
If you are determined to delete your WhatsApp account, consider exporting the messages before you can read them later, if you want. Otherwise, enter the settings of WhatsApp, go to the Account section and tap on Delete my account.
Deleting the WhatsApp account is forever and, in addition, there is no grace period in which you can regret and recover everything as it was. Deleted, deleted remains, so it is normal for WhatsApp to ask you for triple confirmation of your intentions.
In case you have changed the number and you do not know how to have all your conversations with the new one, then you have these steps:
- Enter Settings, then Account
- Then click on Change number, then next
- After that WhatsApp will ask you for the previous number and the new number. Confirm and ready