In these moments, the update KB500842 Windows 10. This is an optional quality update that we can download from Windows Update or through a direct download link that we will share with you below.
This update KB500842 will take us to the Build 19042.906 Windows 10. As it is a quality update, it does not introduce new features, but rather focuses on bug fixes and improvements in operating system stability. In this case, the performance of our PC will improve if an error related to the explorer.exe process has been corrected. Also, some users report that error 0x004c003 affecting Windows 10 activation would have been fixed.
List of fixes
- Fixed message from «Computing Filters» that appeared when using filters in the File Explorer search results.
- Fixed a bug where the search filter would freeze or stop responding when the user tried to change the type of filter used.
- Solved the performance issues associated with the explorer.exe process. This led to large memory consumption, especially when other applications were running in the background, affecting the performance of the operating system.
- Fixed an issue where certain monitors displayed darker colors than they should when using HDR.
- Fixed a bug in the synchronization of video playback when using multiple monitors.
- Fixed erratic behaviors when using the touch keyboard and changing the device orientation.
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from closing “toast” notifications with the “Close” button.
- Fixed an issue with 7.1 audio technology.
- Fixed an issue that causes a device to stop working if you delete files or folders synced with OneDrive.
- From now on, users will be informed when a child’s account within the Family Safety plan has administrator privileges.
- Fixed an issue with zooming when using Edge in IE mode on devices using multiple monitors with high DPI.
In addition to these corrections collected by Microsoft on its website, the WindowsBlog Italia site points out that Microsoft would also have fixed in this cumulative the error 0x004c003 related to Windows 10 activation.
Install update KB500842
To install this quality update you have three options:
- Go to Windows Update and click on the button «Check for updates». Once found, you just have to click on “Download and install”.
- Use this direct download link.
- Wait for Windows 10 April Patch, which is a required update and will include these fixes.
It is always a pleasure to see that work is being done on improving File Explorer. In fact, Microsoft is working on a major redesign of it for Sun Valley, the big update to Windows 10 that will arrive in the second half of the year.