China is furious to gnaw the South China Sea, Retno Marsudi invites Australia to join ASEAN, why? – All Pages

Sosok.ID – Vietnam’s Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh led a video meeting with foreign ministers from ASEAN of Hanoi on Wednesday (9/9/2020).

Every year, 10 countries ASEAN amassing major powers with interests in Southeast Asia, offering the stage for diplomatic competition and geopolitical dynamics.

The same is the case this year. Even though Vietnam as the head of the bloc has to hold the four-day meeting virtually as a result of the covid-19 pandemic which is still spreading at this time.

Among the most contentious issues on the agenda is the Ocean dispute China South, which has been a flashpoint for rising tensions between the United States and China in the region.

Also Read: He Offers a Proposed Combined Power Proposal in the South China Sea, The fact is that China is only a galagasi to Indonesia, Will Always Be Double-Faced to Successfully Master the Natuna Waters

According to the Jakarta Post, Saturday (12/9), tensions in the South China Sea have escalated, with the US last month sanctioning 24 Chinese-owned companies accused of assisting in Beijing’s military construction in the South China Sea.

This year’s ASEAN ministerial meeting also comes days after Beijing launched a ballistic missile over the resource-rich waterway as part of a live fire exercise.

However, Indonesia and ASEAN in general continue to call for restraint from all parties, so as not to complicate an already tense situation.

In a speech at the 10th East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (EAS) on Wednesday, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said the US Navy’s recent activities disrupted consultations between his country and ASEAN members to resolve their dispute.

Also Read: ‘Anti-China’ Countries Sign Intercontinental Military Pact to Thwart Chinese Influence in the Indo-Pacific, Indonesia Will Discuss

At the ASEAN-US Ministerial Meeting on Thursday (10/9), US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo sought to garner support from his ASEAN colleagues.

He urged them to oppose China’s maritime expansion in waters and reconsider their business relationship with Chinese state companies “that bully ASEAN coastal states in the South China Sea.”

China claims the South China Sea even though it is very far from its coastline.

But an international court in 2016 ruled in favor of the Philippines and dropped claims of China’s sweeping, which are disputed by the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan.

Also Read: Indonesia is the key to the victory of a country that fought in the South China Sea, Foreign Minister Retno emphasized to the US and China: Don’t involve us!

China has rejected the decision and continues to build and militarize artificial islands as part of its claims to the region, causing anxiety among Southeast Asian countries and giving the US reason to fight.

In a joint communique issued on Thursday evening, a day after the 53rd ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, ASEAN ministers discussed the South China Sea dispute by reiterating the importance of maintaining peace security, stability, safety and freedom of navigation.

The wording in the two paragraphs dealing with the dispute remains the same as the previous year, but ministers report on progress on the Code of Conduct (COC) in the South China Sea negotiations.

Also Read: US vs China Bashing in the South China Sea Could Harm Indonesia, Retired TNI Officers Infected War Refugees to Indonesia

It aims to bring the resulting documents in line with international legal practice, including the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).

“We further reaffirm the need to pursue peaceful dispute resolution in accordance with universally recognized principles of international law, including the 1982 UNCLOS,” said para.
ministers in joint communication.

The joint communique is a document containing the attitude of ASEAN joint negotiations on various issues of regional concern.

The ministers also reiterated the importance of the Treaty of Amity and Cooperation in Southeast Asia (TAC) as the main code of ethics in regulating relations between countries in the region and a foundation for maintaining regional peace and stability.

Also Read: South China Sea Heats Up! Is India Called Plans to Avenge its Defeat in Tibet by Sending a Unified Warship with the US to Surround China?

“We are committed to further promoting the principles contained in the TAC and emphasizing the high importance of all contract parties in fulfilling their obligations under the Agreement,” they said.

Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi has repeatedly emphasized the importance of respecting the principles contained in the TAC and the Zone Declaration of Peace, Freedom and Neutrality (ZOPFAN), starting with the EAS meeting and the subsequent ASEAN post-ministerial conference.

The TAC is a peace treaty that is legally binding on its signatories to promote regional peace and stability among ASEAN member countries and other dialogue partners.

Also Read: Presumptuous! China Invites Indonesia to Carry Out Joint Development Even though Natuna Does Not Own China, Indonesia Becomes a Target for Missions in the South China Sea

It was signed by the leaders of the original member states in 1976, and was followed by members later.

Other countries began signing the agreement, a condition for entering into a dialogue partnership with ASEAN – in 2003, with China and India being the first countries to do so.

The US signed it in 2009.

The ZOPFAN is a Cold War era ASEAN document signed by the five original members of the association – Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand – in 1971.

Also Read: Seconds of the Chinese Navy and Air Force Uber US Warship in the China Sea Experts Call World War 3 Near!

Nations that then join regional organizations automatically agree to the treaty.

It attempted, with delayed success, to remove US and Soviet military bases from the region.

On Thursday at the ASEAN-US meeting, Retno said she put forward these two decades of ASEAN documents to make the point that the bloc was founded in the name of peace, stability and prosperity.

“TAC is not only related to ASEAN but also its speech partners, including the United States.”

Also Read: Beijing Loses Patience, US Breaks Through Prohibited Zones in South China Sea, PLA Wrath: Stop Your Provocative Actions If You Don’t Want Accidents!

“Indonesia hopes for cooperation between ASEAN and the United States can go on and be a true partner for peace and stability, “he told reporters after the meeting.

Retno openly talked about the matter during the meeting ASEANAustralia on that day, where he called Australia to join member states ASEAN in taking the region off the “stage for geopolitical contests”.

“I also want to show that Australia “approved the TAC in 2005, under the principle of rejecting threats and the use of force, a commitment to solving problems peacefully and continuing to prioritize cooperation,” he told reporters.

“These principles are expected to continue to be applied amidst the current geopolitical challenges,” he said.


KTT

Restaurant collapsed in China during a birthday party, the death toll rises to 29 people

BEIJING, KOMPAS.com – The number of people who died from the collapse incident restaurant of China increased to a total of 29 people.

This statement was conveyed by state media on Sunday (30/8/2020), while announcing that the search for survivors had been closed.

Previously it was reported that the death toll in this incident was 17 people.

Also read: Restaurants in China collapsed during a birthday party, 17 people were killed

The two-story building in Xiangfen, Shanxi province, collapsed on Saturday morning (29/8/2020) while holding their 80th birthday party, according to China’s state news agency, Xinhua.

A total of 57 people were evacuated from the ruins of the Juxian restaurant, and dozens of other victims were injured.

Meanwhile 7 people were seriously injured, but Xinhua reported the injuries were “not life threatening”.

Government tv CGTN reported, the evacuation process ended early Sunday (30/8/2020).

Also read: To prevent Covid-19, Kim Jong Un Orders to Shoot Dead People at the Chinese Border

The cause of the restaurant collapse is not yet known, and the central government’s State Council said it would oversee an investigation by provincial authorities.

Footage from the site CGTN that was reported AFP showing the roof of the restaurant collapsing, and various tools used to lift the debris while searching for victims.

Rescuers dressed in orange and helmets, combing the rubble. You can see that there is a painting still hanging on one of the walls which is still intact.

A total of 700 people were involved in this rescue operation, said CGTN.

Also read: If the US blocks WeChat, China will boycott Apple

Previous collapsed building incidents have also occurred in “Panda Country” and claimed lives.

In the southern Chinese city of Quanzhou, a hotel collapsed in March, killing 29 people and injuring 42.

An official investigation found that three floors were illegally added to the original structure of the 4-story building.

The building’s security assessor also colluded with the hotel owner to issue false reports about the building, China’s TV station said CCTV.

Also read: US-China Relations Getting Hotter, Brings Fears of World War 3

.

Restaurant collapsed in China during a birthday party, the death toll rises to 29 people

BEIJING, KOMPAS.com – The number of people who died from the collapse incident restaurant of China increased to a total of 29 people.

This statement was conveyed by state media on Sunday (30/8/2020), while announcing that the search for survivors had been closed.

Previously it was reported that the death toll in this incident was 17 people.

Also read: Restaurants in China collapsed during a birthday party, 17 people were killed

The two-story building in Xiangfen, Shanxi province, collapsed on Saturday morning (29/8/2020) while holding their 80th birthday party, according to China’s state news agency, Xinhua.

A total of 57 people were evacuated from the ruins of the Juxian restaurant, and dozens of other victims were injured.

Meanwhile 7 people were seriously injured, but Xinhua reported the injuries were “not life threatening”.

Government tv CGTN reported, the evacuation process ended early Sunday (30/8/2020).

Also read: To prevent Covid-19, Kim Jong Un Orders to Shoot Dead People at the Chinese Border

The cause of the restaurant collapse is not yet known, and the central government’s State Council said it would oversee an investigation by provincial authorities.

.

China is Secretly Testing Corona Virus Vaccines on Its Workers Page all

BEIJING, KOMPAS.com – Earlier this month, the head of a private conglomerate company China who famously told his staff that a vaccine for Covid-19 is expected to hit the market in November.

The boss, whose company has a health division, said he saw the news as a sign of economic recovery; an opportunity for his company to increase sales, according to someone who heard the comments in person.

Within weeks, the Chinese government was forced to make its progress public.

Also read: Vice President Reminds Communication Strategies about the Halalness of the Covid-19 Vaccine

Corona virus new cause of Covid-19 originated in China, before it spread throughout the world. Now China is trying relentlessly to win the race to develop and deploy an effective vaccine.

Last week a photo of one of the developed vaccines appeared in state-run media; a small, branded box is displayed, held by a smiling woman in the laboratory.

Sinopharm said it hopes the vaccine will be ready for sale in December. They even mentioned a price, equivalent to around 140 US dollars (Rp 2.06 million).

Official and confidential trials

China’s determination can be seen by all.

We know that half of the six leading vaccine candidates tested in the final stages of mass trials around the world came from China. This global trial is a must.

Ironically, China cannot test a vaccine on the scale needed domestically because it has been so successful at containing the spread of the virus within its borders.

Also read: Creating the World’s First Coronavirus Vaccine, Is Russia Really Taking a Shortcut?

“All vaccine manufacturers are looking for sites for their phase three trials (involving giving the vaccine to thousands of people) where Covid-19 is still circulating at relatively higher rates,” said Professor Ben Cowling of the University of Hong Kong’s School of Public Health.

He is optimistic about all vaccines being developed, including vaccines from China.

“I think all vaccines that are currently in phase three have a good chance of being effective.”

But China – like Russia, and as some in the White House want it – has gone a step further.

A senior Chinese health official revealed the extent of the move late last week when he confirmed that China had been secretly testing vaccines on a number of public workers since last month.

Also read: About the Corona Vaccine, Meme President Putin to Hoaks News Floods Social Media

Shutterstock Illustration of the corona virus vaccine, the Covid-19 vaccine

Zheng Zhongwei of the National Health Commission told state-run television that emergency regulations allow the use of vaccines in development that have not been approved. This way, officials at the border and in other areas can be vaccinated.

Being first may not be everything, the ability to scale will be key. “I think there may be some vaccines coming on to the market in December but I’m not sure if they will be available in large quantities,” said Prof Cowling.

He thinks it is likely that the entire population could be immunized against Covid-19 by the summer of 2021.

Also read: Russia Trials Second Covid-19 Vaccine Named EpiVacCorona, September Expected to Be Completed

There are various levels of experimentation. China has confirmed that it is involved in advanced, official trials on thousands of people in countries including the UAE, Peru and Argentina.

It is part of a series of global collaborations between governments and pharmaceutical companies.

Then there are unpublished trials. In a case that appears to be related to the emergency rule of vaccine experiments, and not the official third phase of trials, a group of miners from China were recently denied entry to Papua New Guinea after their employer revealed they were being used for vaccine trials.

About 48 workers were injected in early August, according to a statement from the Chinese state-owned company that operates the mine in the Pacific island nation.

Papua New Guinea authorities are concerned because they have not been told anything, and some workers may test positive for Covid-19.

Also read: Russia’s Sputnik V Coronavirus Vaccine Tried Soon to 40,000 People

“Vaccine diplomacy” as propaganda?

It’s not clear what China will do with the vaccine if and when it gets it.

The photo taken on March 2, 2020 shows the President of China, Xi Jinping, visiting the Academy of Military Medical Science as well as the Tsinghua University School of Medicine in Shenzhen, where Xi monitors the progress of the coronavirus vaccine, its testing tools, as well as the speed in handling it.REUTERS/Ding Haitao / Xinhua / Latin Ame The photo taken on March 2, 2020 shows the President of China, Xi Jinping, visiting the Academy of Military Medical Science as well as the Tsinghua University School of Medicine in Shenzhen, where Xi monitors the progress of the coronavirus vaccine, its testing tools, as well as the speed in handling it.

The English version of the official Chinese government report on handling the pandemic states “the Covid-10 vaccine will be used as a global general product once it is developed and administered in China”.

China has signaled that countries in Africa and its closest Southeast Asian neighbors will be the first to experience the benefits of a Chinese-developed vaccine once administered domestically. But some see diplomatic influence at play.

A senior European diplomat highlighted what they see as China’s propaganda efforts in “mask diplomacy” in Serbia and Italy, sending medical supplies after the outbreak worsens.

They warned that “vaccine diplomacy”, with China likely to be in a very influential position, would become more calculating.

“They have invested a lot in vaccine research,” said Prof Cowling of China, “and the effort is starting to pay off now.”

Also read: Good News, Indonesia Will Get a Corona Vaccine Ration from Australia

.

China to the USA, strong measures to protect our sovereignty – Last Hour

(ANSA) – BEIJING, AUGUST 27 – Sino-American relations are in “an extremely serious and complicated phase since the start of diplomatic relations: for a period of time, the US has caused problems, seriously undermining China’s sovereignty and security and damaging relations between the two countries and their armed forces seriously “. Chinese Defense Ministry spokesman Wu Qian, on the latest military tensions in the South China Sea, between US spy planes and missiles launched from Beijing, said that “China will not dance with the US, nor will it allow the US to joke. We have adopted strong measures in defense of our sovereignty, security and development interests “.

(ANSA).

REPRODUCTION RESERVED © Copyright ANSA