- Farmers want the rulers to give up further work on the law on animal protection. The amendment prohibits, inter alia, breeding animals for fur and introduces restrictions on ritual slaughter
- During previous protests, farmers such as they dumped manure on roads in many places in Poland. – Slurry will flood state offices if nothing changes – said Michał Kołodziejczak, one of the leaders of the protest, in an interview with Onet
- – We demand a meeting with the prime minister, we will protest until the end – said the president of Agrounia in Koszuty, Wielkopolska
- Roads were blocked, including in the voivodships: wielkopolskie, mazowieckie, lubelskie, świętokrzyskie and warmińsko-mazurskie
- You can find more such stories on the Onet.pl homepage
– The policemen abused their abilities. They cramped me in such a way that I can still feel my hands. They stretched them so that it hurt as much as possible. But the most important thing is not what the police do, the most important thing is what the farmers do – said Kołodziejczak in an interview with TVN24 after the police intervened
The reason for the police action was the presence of farmers on the national road No. 11 in Koszuty. The protesters started to burn the tires.
Farmers’ protest. Agrounia’s chief: we will protest until the end
– We demand a meeting with the prime minister, we will protest until the end – said Agrounia president in Koszuty Michał Kołodziejczak. The road was blocked, among others straw bales. Farmers have announced that they will not leave the blockade until their demands are met.
– We are in Koszuty, this is a legendary place where strikes took place in the 1990s. This is where the police beat the farmers and beat us here. Here, they did not want the farmers to speak up. But today we won’t let it go. We have clear conditions, we demand a meeting with the prime minister as soon as possible. He is responsible for what is happening in the country – said President of Agrounia Michał Kołodziejczak during the protest on Wednesday.
As he added, the protesters want a clear declaration: “high five for animals will be rejected, will not be processed further. “
– We will only develop our postulates, we will only show them. But there must be dialogue. As I say it very often – we are able to support very difficult government decisions, but they must be consulted with us, they must be our joint decisions. There are farmers here who are very determined and we will not get out of this way today until the right decisions are made. We are very peaceful – he said.
Farmers’ protests. Police position
The protests in Koszuty are accompanied by the police on the spot. Maciej Święcichowski from the Police in Greater Poland explained that the situation is dynamic, but no major incidents have occurred.
– The protest in Koszuty is still ongoing; we secure and make sure that there is a relative order there. At one point, however, there was a situation where the fire brigade, driving on a signal, wanted to cross the road, and there was a person (president of Agrounia – ed.) Who prevented the guard from passing through. Therefore, handcuffs were used, we went with you to the police car, you were identified and released after the identification – said Święcichowski.
Similar protests were held on Wednesday in over 100 locations in Poland.
Farmers’ protests. Blocked roads
Today, difficulties arose on several national roads in the province. Lublin. Protesters blocked roads or began to slow down traffic by moving slowly through the tractor columns.
According to the police and the General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways, the columns of tractors were traveling at low speed, among others national roads: No. 12 between Chełm and Stołpie, No. 48 in the area of Moszczanka, No. 63 in the vicinity of Stok (between Łuków and Radzyń Podlaski), No. 74 in Annopol (between the bridge over the Vistula and the center of Annopol).
The column of tractors also appeared on the road near Żukowo in the province Pomeranian.
Protests were also organized on the roads of the province. Masovian. Therefore, traffic difficulties occurred, among others on DK12 in the area radomski and DK2 in the vicinity of Siedlce.
Traffic problems also occurred on the national road 9 on the Opatów – Sandomierz section, where a column of about 25 agricultural machines is moving.
In the province In Warmia and Mazury, farmers blocked road 16 near Ostróda, road 53 near Szczytno and road 51 near Bartoszyce.
On the national road 16 near Ostróda, farmers were driving tractors from Samborów towards Iława. There they turned back in the parking lot near Iława and were to head back towards Samborów.
In Iława, a protest was organized on Ostródzka Street. The protesters were walking along the pedestrian crossing, temporarily stopping the traffic of cars. In Giżycko, on the national road 59 to Mrągowo, farmers slow down the traffic, driving their agricultural equipment towards Wilkasy and Ryn. According to the police, there are about 50 tractors in motion. In the vicinity of Wilkasy, they are to turn back and go to Giżycko.
In Gorzów Wielkopolski, columns of approx. 20-30 farm tractors slowed down the traffic on Szczecińska, Kasprzaka and Kostrzyńska streets from early morning, which are used by e.g. to the nodes of the S3 expressway. There were traffic jams in these places. Around 9 farmers completed their action.
Road blocks. List
The Agrounii profile also includes a list of counties and roads where difficulties may arise in connection with the protests.
- Żywiec district
- Kłobuck district (Częstochowa) Waleńczów DK43
- District: Gniezno Trzemeszno DK 15
- Września district Targowisko Września DK 92 and 15
- Poznań district of Murowana Goślina DW 196
- Pleszew poviat Pleszew DK 11 and 12 / Grab- Gizałki DW 443
- Rawicz County Municipal Hill DK 36
- Piła poviat Ujście DK 11
- Gniezno poviat DK15 Gniezno-Trzemeszno Gniezno-Wagrowie
- Kępiński district DK11 Kliny
- Poznań district Cerekwica DW 184
- Poznań and Oborniki poviats Chludowo DK 11
- Poznań district, Buk DW 307
- Kolski district
- Krotoszyn district Koźmin WLKP DK 15
- Gniezno poviat Gniezno DK15 direction Toruń
- Kościański poviat of Jerka DW 432
- Nowy Tomyśl district Zbąszyn DW302
- Oborniki district in Guestjewo, DK11
- Słupsk poviat
- Śrem district, Śrem DW434
- Szamotuły district
- Średzki district Nowe Miasto DK11
- Gostyński poviat Krajewice DW 434
- Bilgorajski district
- Lubartowski poviat Road No. 19
- Radzyń County
- Radzyń County
- Kraśnik poviat DK- 74 Annopol
- Lubartowski will welcome him
- Chełm city blocks
- Gorzów Wielkopolski
- Zielona Góra Sulechów, Adjor DK 32 station
- Kłoczew Ryki crossing
- Radzyń County, Stok DK 63
- Zambrów district Zambrów
- Kolno district of Kolno DK 63
- Siematycze Podlaskie DK 19 will be welcomed in Siemiatycze
- Łomża poviat
- Wysokie Mazowieckie poviat
- Sejny district DK8
- Kolno DK63
- Poddębicki district of Uniejów DK 72 with DW 473
- Rawa County (Rawa Mazowiecka)
- Łęczyca poviat, Piątek Rondo commune in Stryków KD14
- Skierniewice County
- Radomsko County, Łódź Przedbórz DK 42
- Maków district
- Łosice district of Mława, DK 19
- Łosicki County
- Połoński district
- Płońsk district
- Mławski Poviat Stupsk Konopki Commune DK7 and DW 615
- Mławski district Lipowiec DW563 Mława E77
- Mławski poviat
- Grójec district
- Garwoliński district Gawrolin
- Ciechanów County
- Płocki poviat
- Płocki and Sierpcki poviats Drobinie DK 10 and 60
- Sokołowski district
- Radom poviat Iłża commune – Radom DK9
- Płońsk district
- Pułtusk district
Warmia and Masuria:
- Nowomiejski poviat Lubawa – New Town DK15
- Węgorzewski district Giżycko DK 59
- Ostróda poviat DK 16
- Elbląg district Elbląg Malbork DK 22
- Bartoszyce district Plesy DK57-DK51
- Olsztyn poviat / Ostródzki DK 16
- Działdowo Iława district DK 16
- Piski district Pisz Block DK 58 and DK 63
- Lidzbark district
- Busko district
- Staszów district
- Kielce poviat
- Lipski district
- Czarlin district of Tczew, DK 91
- Bytowski district
- Człuchowski and Chojnicki will welcome
- Starogard Gdański poviat DW222 and DK22 Starogard Gd Pomorskie
- Kartuzy district Puck DW 216
- County: Strzyżowski (Czudec)
- Jasło district
- Dębicki County
- Kolbuszowa poviat
- Mielec County
- Strzyżowski district
- Rzeszów County 97
- national road 7
- Krosno DK19 Piastowe-Rzeszów
- Włocławek poviat
- Nakło district DK 10 Nakle nad Notecią
- Naklo district DK5 Huzar petrol station
- Mogilno poviat DK15 Trzemeszno
- Grudziadz district
- Wąbrzeski poviat DK15 Lipnica
- Inowrocław district DK15 Gniewkowo
- Aleksandrów district Road DK 91
- Bydgoszcz district DK 10 Makowiska
- Włocławek district DW 270 Izbica
- Toruń poviat DK 10 Toruń-Warsaw
- Sępólno poviat
- Bydgoszcz district DK 25 Makowarsko
- Włocławski County
- Aleksandrów County
- Wrocław district DK 8 Kobierzyc
- Olesno district of Olesno DK 11
- Kluczbork poviat / Opole DK 45 Kluczbork – opole.
- Brest district
- Bielski district DK 52 Bulowice Oświęcim
- Bochnia district DK 94 Brzesko – Bochnia
Farmers’ protests. “We will protect the Polish countryside”
“Poland will stand”, “We will defend the Polish countryside” – this is how the next farmers’ protests were announced in social media. They are opposed to the amendment to the Animal Protection Act.
During the night, farmers continued their action against PiS politicians. Banners and manure were to appear in front of the house of the new Minister of Agriculture, Grzegorz Puda.
We are glad that you are with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us