Foreigners canceling a visit to Russia will be reissued for free visa :: Society :: RBC

Foreign citizens who in March this year issued a visa to visit Russia, but canceled the visit due to the coronavirus pandemic, will be able to reissue it for free. This was stated in an interview to Kommersant by the Deputy Foreign Minister, State Secretary Yevgeny Ivanov.

According to him, Russian laws do not allow to extend a visa if it is issued. but not used because the visa is a document with a limited validity period. But ignoring the issue of canceling visits and expiring visas would be wrong.

“The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs considers it possible to offer foreign citizens who have canceled their trips to Russia, despite previously issued single or double entry visas, the validity of which began in mid-March, to apply for new visas of the same multiplicity for free,” Ivanov said.

Russia and Belarus signed an agreement on mutual recognition of visas

The deputy minister noted that it would be possible to draw up documents for entry into Russia free of charge within six months from the date of lifting restrictions on entry in the country. To do this, foreigners will need to provide documents confirming their right to obtain a visa for a new term.

.

Slovenia is the first in Europe to announce the end of the coronavirus epidemic :: Politics :: RBC

The first case of coronavirus infection in Slovenia was registered on March 4, a total of 1464 carriers of infection were detected in the country, 103 patients with COVID-19 died.

According to Nova24TV, if the government had not made such a decision, then all restrictive measures in the country would have been extended for another month. Mass events will continue to be banned in the country, the requirements of social distance and the observance of protective measures and hygiene will be maintained.

Russian Permanent Representative appreciated the possibility of opening EU borders for Russians

However, border checkpoints will begin to open at which checkpoints will be organized. EU citizens will be able to enter Slovenia without complying with the 14-day quarantine, provided that they have not left the EU in the previous two weeks and they have no signs of infection.

For non-EU citizens, there is a mandatory 14-day quarantine, with the exception of some cases, such as a trip with a diplomatic passport or a visit to a funeral.

As in the world quarantine is gradually being canceled due to coronavirus. Photoreport


European countries began taking urgent quarantine measures against the spread of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus in March 2020. On March 17, entry into the Schengen countries, as well as the European Union, restricted entry for foreigners by 30 days; later, the European Commission recommended that this measure be extended until May 15. Crossing the border is allowed only to those with an urgent reason (funeral, subpoena), residence permit or long-term visa.

On May 14, the European Commission announced that the adopted “road map” implies a phased removal of restrictions on movement within the EU. At the second stage, it will be possible to begin to mitigate measures already at the external borders of the union.

Coronavirus

Russia Moscow Peace

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

Source: JHU,
federal and regional
anti-virus operations

Source: JHU, federal and regional anti-virus operations

.

More than 4 thousand people were cured of coronavirus in Moscow :: Society :: RBC

Photo: AGN “Moscow”

In Moscow over the past day, another 4032 people have recovered from coronavirus, said Anastasia Rakova, deputy mayor of the capital on social development issues. Her words are given in the Telegram channel of the operational headquarters of the city to fight infection.

This is a record number of people who recovered in Moscow per day. The previous record was set on May 9, when 2520 people were cured of the coronavirus. The total number of recovered has increased in the capital to 17822, the vice mayor said.

56 people with coronavirus died in Moscow

Photo: Evgeny Biyatov / RIA Novosti

According to the staff, in Moscow over the past day, 6169 people have become infected. The total number of cases reached 115 909. 1124 cases died.

Earlier, the capital authorities extended the regime of self-isolation until May 31. According to Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin, it is too early to cancel restrictive measures in the city. In addition, from May 12, all residents of Moscow will be required to wear protective masks and gloves in public places.

.

The Cannes festival in 2020 was canceled due to coronavirus :: Society :: RBC

In early June, the organizers will announce a list of films that will be screened at autumn festivals in seven other cities.

The holding of the Cannes Film Festival in its traditional format in 2020 will most likely not take place, Variety reports citing the organizers of the event.

Instead, a list of films selected for viewing at the festival, which will be called Cannes 2020, will be announced. Films from this list will be shown at fall festivals in Toronto, Deauville, Angouleme, San Sebastian, New York, Busan and Lyon. The shows will last until the spring of 2021.

“Today, the organization of the physical festival seems difficult to us, so we will announce films from the (initial official) section in early June,” the representative of the festival told the publication.

Oscars from COVID-19 for the first time allowed online films to be released

Cannes Film Festival director Thierry Fremaux previously told Variety that the film industry is at risk. “We will have to restore it, and also once again confirm its importance with the help of energy, unity and solidarity,” he noted.

.

Lukashenko responded to opponents of the Victory Day parade amid a pandemic :: Society :: RBC

At the celebrations in Minsk, the President of Belarus said that the country could not refuse to hold a parade in honor of the anniversary of the Victory, as she “had no other choice.” Authorities decide to hold event despite pandemic

Alexander Lukashenko

(Photo: president.gov.by)

Belarus could not refuse to hold a parade in honor of the 75th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War. This was announced at a celebration in Minsk by the head of the republic, Alexander Lukashenko, BelTA reports.

“We simply could not do otherwise; we had no other choice. And if we did, we would do the same, ”he assured.

According to Lukashenko, “there are those in this distraught, unreleased world” who condemn the country’s authorities for deciding to hold a parade, despite the coronavirus pandemic.

“I want to tell them humanly: do not rush to draw conclusions, let alone condemn us, the heirs of the Victory, the Belarusians,” he said. “The eyes of the Soviet soldiers who died for our freedom look at us, the eyes of partisans and underground members tortured in the dungeons of the Gestapo, the eyes of the elderly, women and children of Khatyn.”

Lukashenko decided not to cancel the Victory Day parade against a pandemic

Rehearsal of the parade in honor of the 75th anniversary of Victory in the Great Patriotic War, Minsk

This year, the parade in Minsk was the only one in the post-Soviet space, it was held in honor of all the citizens of the USSR who died during the war, Lukashenko added.

According to BelTA, about 3 thousand military personnel took part in the parade, including ceremonies of specialized lyceums and cadet schools, the Military Academy, border guards, rescuers and employees of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. As part of the mechanized column tanks T-34-85 and T-72B3, armored personnel carriers and other equipment. In the airborne part of the parade, 36 aircraft and helicopters were involved.

At 21:30, a gala concert will begin on Victory Square, and fireworks are also planned.

In early May, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommended that the Belarusian authorities postpone Victory Day celebrations and other public events. The organization indicated the impossibility of ensuring distance between the participants and the high risk of transmission of the virus. Despite this, Lukashenko refused to cancel the parade.

Lukashenko invited heads of other states to the Victory Parade in Minsk

Alexander Lukashenko

On April 25, a clean-up day dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Victory took place in Belarus; Lukashenko also took part in it. After that, the Russian Channel One released a story about the “next outbreak” of coronavirus infection in Belarus, which led to the authorities’ refusal to cancel mass events. In response to this, the republic’s authorities denied accreditation to the television crew.

According to the Ministry of Health of Belarus, as of May 8, 21 thousand cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in the country, 121 people died, more than 5 thousand patients recovered and were discharged from hospitals.

The distribution of coronavirus Covid-19 in the world

Number of confirmed infections

Source: JHU

World Data i

In the cities of Russia on May 9 only air parade and holiday fireworks will take place. The ground part of the parade was canceled due to a pandemic, the procession of the “Immortal Regiment” will be held in video format.


Natalia Anisimova

.

Moldovan Interior Minister reports coronavirus infection :: Politics :: RBC

Pavel Voicu

(Photo: politia.md)

Moldovan Interior Minister Pavel Voicu said on his Facebook that he had become infected with the coronavirus. In this regard, he was isolated.

“In order to avoid false information in the media, I want to confirm that the result of my analysis on COVID-19 was positive,” wrote Voicu.

The head of the department added that he does not need hospitalization. His condition is rated as satisfactory.

According to the Ministry of Health, Labor and Social Protection of Moldova on May 2, 3980 cases of coronavirus infection were registered in the country. During the day, 41 cases of COVID-19 infection were detected. A total of 124 people died in the country.

Russian Railways canceled trains to Latvia, Moldova and Ukraine due to coronavirus

On March 17, the Moldovan authorities introduced a state of emergency in the country, which will be valid for 60 days. Against the backdrop of the measures introduced, the republic suspended air traffic with all countries, and also closed its borders. In addition, the country was banned from holding mass cultural and religious events, as well as canceled classes in educational institutions.

Coronavirus

Russia Moscow Peace

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

Source: JHU,
federal and regional
anti-virus operations

Source: JHU, federal and regional anti-virus operations

.

In China, tourism and travel were again allowed. Photoreport :: Society :: RBC

Since May 1, the Chinese authorities canceled part of the restrictions on movement; more than 4 thousand tourist sites have resumed work in the country. How was the first day of the May holidays in China – see the RBC photo essay

.

OGE may cancel this year

The Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation is discussing the possibility of canceling the Basic State Exams (OGE) for ninth-graders and conducting certification on the final grades, the department’s head Sergei Kravtsov said in an interview with Russian Public Television.

“The issue of conducting final certification in ninth grades based on final grades is being discussed. While there is no final decision, I think that in the near future we will formulate this decision, discuss it again with teachers, with the regions and make a final decision, ”said Mr. Kravtsov (quoted by Interfax).

Earlier, Mr. Kravtsov said that this year, only compulsory subjects – the Russian language and mathematics – will be left for exams for ninth graders this year. However, he believes that the exam can not be canceled even because of the epidemic of coronavirus.

Read more in an interview with Sergei Kravtsov Kommersant.

.

Coronavirus crisis | Why aren’t all music festivals canceled now?

In a time of widespread bewilderment around the world,the music industry in particular lives expectantlyGiven the clear possibility that this 2020 is a year completely lost by the coronavirus. Not surprisingly, more and more authoritative voices point to 2021 to regain some normality when it comes to concerts.

In this climate in which it is difficult to affirm something emphatically, the organization ofResurrection Festyou want to add a little light tothe public to understand why many summer festivals have not yet been canceledand they keep their potential assistants on edge.

“Given the restrictions that are in place right now,it is more than likely that no musical event can be held in the coming monthsand that obviously includes the Resurrection Fest, “begins the statement shared on social media.

And he adds, with total sincerity: “As we have already communicated to you,the safety and health of all parties (public, workers, gangs) is the main thingand we will never put that before anything, so we do not believe that an event should be held with so many thousands of people given the current situation. “

Then ‘El Resu’ asks the question that so many people are asking these days: “Why don’t we make the decision to postpone the festival?” And the answer is most direct: “This is an event thatinvolves managing hundreds of gang contracts,suppliers, sponsors, etc. thanwe cannot unilaterally break. For ita force majeure clause is needed, something that can only be established by the Government. This has already been done in many countries in Europe, but it has not been done here yet and we all have to wait for it to happen. “

According to the statement, this situation is “really difficult for an independent festival such as the Resurrection Fest, since unfortunately in Spainthere is no type of insurance that covers a global crisis due to an epidemiclike this and the losses caused by not carrying out the event to be assumed are enormous. “

In addition, the different actors that make the festival possible alsothey will be “very disadvantaged”.From the staff and their families, to suppliers, to external workers, the press, the technical stage team, sound, lights, workers, decoration, security, waiters, food trucks, sponsors and “many other small companies that have a large part of their billing with the festival. “

“We also want to emphasize that this will also be a severe blow to the local hospitality industry inNursery-Lugo locality where the Resu is planned from July 1 to 4- and the entire region, since the great economic impact that the festival leaves in the area (bars, supermarkets, hotels …) was this year more necessary than ever “the organization points out.

The bands, very collaborative

The festival has “been working for a long time in all possible scenarios, in contact with local and regional administrations”, so it anticipates that “most likely” is that the edition of this year 2020, that of its fifteenth anniversary,“It just has to be postponed to 2021.”

And he adds: “The positive part is that the bands are very collaborative when it comes to re-scheduling the poster, and we are almost convinced that, in the more than probable case of not being able to do the festival this year, our 15th anniversary will be celebrated in 2021 in stylewith all the attractions of the current posterand many more surprises. “

The festival explains that it does not want its public to worry about the tickets, so they will give “the specific details later”.They will all be valid automatically by 2021,in any case, “and whoever cannot attend will be offered a refund of the value of the ticket within the periods established by law.”

“We know and it is a source of pride that our public is one of the most loyal in the country and we count on your support to be able to enjoy magical days in Viveiro again. Now more than ever,support culture, music and the rock scene in all its aspects. Thank you for your understanding and much encouragement to everyone. Please stay home, keep safe distances, wash your hands as much as possible and follow all directions. We will see each other soon, “he concludes.

.

Germany cancels Oktoberfest | The mail

This year there will be no Oktoberfest, the popular beer festival that has been held in Munich in the autumn for more than 150 years. Bavarian Prime Minister Markus Söder and Munich Mayor Dieter Reiter announced on Tuesday the cancellation of the biggest popular festival in the world, with more than six million participants arrived from the four cardinal directions. In the “Wiesn”, the meadows where the gigantic festive tents are set up, “you cannot keep the minimum safety distances nor you can work with a mask,” said Söder at a press conference.

The inevitable suspension in order to stop the expansion of the coronavirus is “a bitter pill” for the city, Reiter said in turn, stressing that Munich loses 1,200 million euros in revenue due to the cancellation of the event.

The suspension of the Oktoberfest does not come by surprise. Söder already warned last week that the official announcement of that measure would come sooner rather than later and that there has been a consensus with the city’s mayor at all times. “We have valued it in a very similar way and we were both already very skeptical about whether it made sense to celebrate a party of these dimensions with its international character and in the current conditions,” said the Bavarian Prime Minister.

The Mayor of Munich commented that a third of the more than six million visitors to the beer festival comes from abroad and that all the participants crowd under the different festive tents. It would be irresponsible to allow these crowds this year, said the two politicians.

.