Recall that shegumen Sergius was banned from serving after he repeatedly stated that the coronavirus pandemic was created artificially, vaccination would lead to chipping, and the Russian Orthodox Church had abandoned the faith and should not have closed churches during quarantine. Then he closed in a convent, declared himself rector, and the Russian Orthodox Church – the main enemy of Russia, refused to remember the Patriarch and is now waiting for the coming of the Orthodox Tsar. With some periodicity Sergius makes very sharp messages. The “access control” in the monastery is carried out by strong young people who consider themselves followers of the shiigumen.
The representative of the diocese, Archpriest Maxim Menyailo, told MK that the situation is still in the trial, although the shiigumen ignores the meetings and does not recognize the authority of the church court:
– The next meeting of the church court is scheduled for July 3. We urge Sergius to embark on the path of repentance and leave the dangerous path of exclusion from the Russian Orthodox Church on which he is today.
Father Maxim believes that “there is still a window of opportunity for Father Sergius” to “talk with his brethren, with the church court” and peacefully resolve the situation.
Professor Alexander Dvorkin, president of the Center for Religious Studies in the name of the holy martyr Irenaeus of Lyons, believes that law enforcement agencies should intervene in the situation. But be careful, as this can have dire consequences, given the identity of the schemingman:
– As for the church court. The diocese launched the whole situation to impossibility. It was necessary to do something with Sergius five years ago, or even much earlier. For the past ten years, from time to time, I have addressed the diocese with requests from the victims, with warnings that a totalitarian sect has formed around it. The diocese ignored the situation and now created not only themselves, but the whole country a problem.
The church court may deprive him of his rank, but he wanted to spit on it. He already said that the Church does not recognize, he has his own church, he does not remember the Patriarch, he demands the convocation of a Local Council on his own occasion. This is a real megalomania …
– Sergius ignores the decisions of the church court, but, in principle, has the right to be in the monastery. What to do?
– As for the fact that Sergius has the right to be in the monastery, – yes, it is quite possible, he has. But there is a criminal code. Those statements that Sergius allows himself – in my opinion, this really falls under the Criminal Code. Why the diocese does not respond is one question. But why don’t law enforcement respond? A person calls for abandonment of vaccination (which jeopardizes people’s lives), obviously incites ethnic and religious hatred, calls for an uprising against the existing authorities, offends the president, the Duma, senior officials and so on. Take any other person – for much less he would be called to account.
– The signs of extremism in his statements are allegedly already being checked by law enforcement agencies …
“You know how to say that there are signs of tuberculosis when a person coughed up three quarters of his lungs.” Perhaps not only law enforcement officers, but also psychiatrists should work here. Apparently, the further, the less adequate it becomes.
Lord Acton also said that power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. In this sense, Sergei Romanov is an absolutely depraved person. You cannot leave the situation as is. Now he is surrounded by a large number of women and children. And he will simply be blocked by them. Knowing his criminal past, I would not be surprised if he puts all the children in front of him in the event of any power actions. Here you need to be very, very careful and calculate well how to act.
– The agenda that he is promoting is very populist and resonates.
– Yes, she finds a response. And that is why we need to work with this. Because a very large number of people are now sitting, waiting and looking – can this be done with impunity. And if everything gets away with Sergius, this can serve as a trigger for these people.
The case of extremism can easily be brought against the schema of Sergius, if there is political will, said the expert on “extremist” cases, lawyer Dmitry Agranovsky:
– I don’t see any particular problems for law enforcement agencies. Since from the practice of law enforcement articles related to extremism, it is clear that the cases were initiated on very far-fetched, and, in my opinion, completely innocent reasons. It would be a desire, but there is an article.
As for the analysis of specific statements by the schema of Sergius, I am not authorized to analyze them, I respect the presumption of innocence. But, I repeat, there are no problems with attracting a person under the article on extremism. On the contrary, I very often see that these articles are given an expansive interpretation.
– That is, a criminal case can be instituted and by the decision of the court, Sergei Romanov can be taken into custody?
– No citizen in the country is safe from this, except for those, of course, who have the appropriate immunity.
– Suppose a police squad comes to the monastery to take Sergius to court. There is its own guard, novices, children … They may not give up their “father.”
– People are still reasonable. No one will burden their guilt with resistance. It is one thing to expel Sobchak from the monastery, and it is another to resist the authorities in the performance of their duties.