During the day, the coronavirus was detected in 5376 people, which became a record increase in new cases since May 12
Photo: Sofia Sandurskaya / AGN “Moscow”
Over the past day, 5376 new cases of coronavirus infection were confirmed in Moscow, according to the capital’s operational headquarters to combat the spread of the disease.
This increase has become the largest since May 12, when in the capital fixed 5392 new cases.
The total number of cases since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic in Moscow is 367 629 people.
The imposition of severe restrictions in the capital, including a curfew or a ban on movement around the city, “is absolutely unacceptable and impossible for us,” stated earlier on October 19, Moscow Mayor Sergei Sobyanin. According to him, the task of the capital is to “find a middle way” between the closure of the city and the rejection of any restrictions. All measures already taken against the spread of coronavirus will be tightly and systematically controlled by the authorities, he said.
The Ministry of Digital Industry came up with an initiative to transfer to him the authority of Roskomnadzor to allocate radio frequencies. But this idea is opposed by the service itself and the law enforcement agencies, the issue has been postponed for now
Photo: Valery Sharifulin / TASS
The Ministry of Digital Development is discussing the issue of redistributing the powers of Roskomnadzor to allocate radio frequencies, said three RBC sources familiar with the plans of the State Commission for Radio Frequencies (SCRF).
The commission, according to sources, was planning to consider the proposal to transfer the authority to allocate frequencies, which Roskomnadzor now possesses, to the Ministry of Digital Security at the next meeting. However, following the results of the conciliation meeting held on Tuesday, October 13, it was decided to withdraw the issue from consideration, one of the interlocutors of RBC said. Roskomnadzor itself and a number of law enforcement agencies opposed the transfer of powers, he said.
“The issue will be removed from consideration at the next meeting of the State Committee for Radio Frequencies due to the need for a detailed study of this topic,” a representative of the Ministry of Finance told RBC.
GKRCH is the main body responsible for frequency allocation in Russia. According to the decision of the commission of December 20, 2011, any applications for obtaining frequencies or making changes to previously issued permits must receive a positive opinion from three departments – the Ministry of Defense, the Federal Security Service (FSO) and Roskomnadzor. If they support the decision, the issue can be brought up for consideration and vote by other members of the State Commission. As of mid-July, the SCRF consisted of 24 representatives of various departments.
Earlier, a RBC source familiar with the position of the Ministry of Digital Science explained that the replacement of Roskomnadzor by the ministry when making an opinion on applications for frequencies is logical, as it will reflect the consolidated position of the ministry and the subordinate Rossvyaz and Roskomnadzor (now only the opinion of the latter service is taken into account)
Read on RBC Pro
RBC sent a request to Roskomnadzor.
What the redistribution of powers might affect
Mobile operators are considered to be the main commercial users of the radio frequency spectrum in Russia. Representatives of MTS, MegaFon, VimpelCom (Beeline brand) and Rostelecom (owns T2 RTK Holding, which provides services under the Tele2 trademark) declined to officially comment on the possibility of transferring powers from Roskomnadzor to the Ministry of Digital Security.
The representative of one of the operators of the Quartet noted that now the Ministry of Digital Industry represents the apparatus of the State Committee for Radio Frequencies and aggregates the opinions of all members of the commission, including the bodies subordinate to the Ministry. “Changing this order, among other things, may lead to the fact that the opinions and votes in the voting of the civil members of the State Committee for Radio Frequencies, Roskomnadzor and Rossvyaz, subordinate to the Ministry of Telecom and Mass Communications, will be replaced by a single opinion. This will mean the loss of votes by the civilian bloc, as well as part of the expertise when discussing issues, “- fears the interlocutor of RBC. The representative of another operator also pointed out that “excessive monopolization, when the Ministry of Digital Affairs will lock itself in one more authority, can worsen the quality of management.”
But two more interlocutors of RBC in the operators of the Quartet say that such a redistribution “will not affect anything.” “We cannot get the frequencies necessary for the development of fifth generation (5G) communications due to the fact that most of the necessary resource relates to a government or dual purpose, it is used by the Ministry of Defense and the FSO and therefore does not give a positive conclusion,” said one of the interlocutors RBC. One of the market participants also draws attention to the fact that employees with the competencies necessary for making conclusions on radio frequency applications are concentrated in the FSUE Main Radio Frequency Center subordinate to Roskomnadzor. That is, the Ministry of Digital Industry will need to hire new employees or request information from this FSUE.
Now an investigative and operational group is working at the scene. Operatives are engaged in the identification of persons involved in the commission of the crime.
Chemodanova did not say whether there were any victims among law enforcement officers or civilians as a result of the incident.
Read on RBC Pro
The day before, October 12, in the Belarusian capital passed retirees’ march, which was attended mainly by elderly people. To disperse the participants of the event, the security forces used tear gas and stun grenades. Some of the protesters were detained. After the dispersal of the march of pensioners, residents of Minsk came out on the streets of the city and began to build chains of solidarity, protesting against the use of special equipment by the security forces. Law enforcement officers also dispersed the participants in the evening actions, detaining several of them.
Protests in Belarus have been taking place for more than two months. They began following the results of the presidential elections, which were won by the current president of the country, Alexander Lukashenko, who has been in power for 26 years. According to the CEC, he received more than 80% of the vote. On September 23, Lukashenka’s inauguration took place, which was not announced in advance. The opposition did not recognize the election results, and a number of EU countries also do not recognize Lukashenko’s legitimacy. Russian President Vladimir Putin said that the elections were held in Belarus.
During clashes between protesters and security officials on both sides, several hundred people were injured, and several civilian deaths were reported. Police officers used special equipment against the protesters, including weapons with rubber bullets. In turn, the protesters threw Molotov cocktails at law enforcement officers.
A man was charged with stealing $ 1.3 million (more than one billion pesos) worth of ink cartridges since the Austin Municipal Library, in the United States, in a period of 12 years taking advantage of his status as a worker.
The subject, identified as Randall Whited, began to steal boxes of toner in 2007 and then sell them online until they were discovered and reported.
In addition, and according to what is registered in the judicial report of the case, the defendant had access to library credit cards, with which he made purchases of consoles, video games, virtual reality glasses, smart vacuum cleaners and even a drone, for a total value of 18 thousand dollars.
The couple enjoyed life and made plans for the future. Photo: social networks
The details of a terrible accident that claimed the lives of young spouses and their young children have become known. Let us remind you that everything happened late in the evening in the Beloretsk region of Bashkiria. There, at about 11 pm, on the 151st kilometer of the Ufa-Inzer-Beloretsk highway, the Volkswagen Polo car collided with an oncoming Man truck, after which the mangled foreign car was thrown into a ditch. Everyone who was in the cabin of a foreign car was instantly killed.
According to eyewitnesses of the accident, it was raining heavily that evening. The road was very wet and slippery, so the Volkswagen driver simply lost control of the bend, and therefore flew into the oncoming lane. The driver did not go for any overtaking, risking his family’s life.
A pile of twisted iron remained from the foreign car. Photo: Regional State Traffic Inspectorate
– It was a fatal accident. A passenger car skidded into the rain on a bend and drifted into the oncoming lane. The truck driver didn’t even have time to react. Now he is in severe shock and is waiting for a tow truck, – said a friend of the truck driver “Man”.
– Last night, we saw this family at a gas station, the girl managed to ride a scooter. Mom and son were standing next to them. When calculating, I wished them a good journey. So nice, polite, smiling. And now I came home from work, looked at the phone … Oh my god …. Before my eyes is a girl on a scooter, a doll! It was not night … Evening … They were already practically at home. We were the last ones who saw them and who took them on the road – gas station worker Almira G., who spoke with her family shortly before the accident, cannot hold back her tears.
According to the regional State Traffic Inspectorate, police officers, an ambulance and other emergency services worked at the scene. On the fact of the fatal road accident, proceedings have begun.
The truck driver is still in severe shock. Photo: Regional State Traffic Inspectorate
The head of the Beloretsk region, Andrei Ivanyuta, also commented on the tragedy and expressed condolences to the relatives of the deceased family.
– The Ufa-Inzer-Beloretsk highway does not forgive mistakes. Even a slight speeding can turn into a terrible tragedy. Now, in the off-season, this road becomes especially dangerous. On the passes, the road, wet from rains, will begin to freeze, and drivers will need to drive cars very carefully, – the head of the district addressed the drivers.
“GIFTS ALL OVER THE ROAD LAYED LATER”
As it became known later, a whole family died in a broken foreign car – young spouses from Beloretsk Vlad and Nina I., as well as their little children of three and five years old. All of them received injuries incompatible with life and died on the spot before the arrival of doctors. Friends and relatives speak of the dead as kind and sympathetic people who enjoyed life, made plans for the future and loved each other very much, treasured their family.
As the father of the deceased 27-year-old woman said, the wife and children were returning home from Ufa, where they went to meet the head of the family.
The children missed their father, who worked in Moscow. Photo: social networks
– Vlad flew in from Moscow, he worked there, and the children were terribly bored, they were looking forward to dad. He brought them gifts, he wanted to please the children. These gifts all along the road then lay … – the man cannot hold back his tears.
Gifts bought for children were scattered all over the road
– Lord, these are our neighbors. Children grew up before our eyes. How could this happen? What a grief! Children are crumbs at all! – Svetlana N., a neighbor of the deceased family, grieves.
– Timosha, such a good, well-mannered boy, went to my group in a manger. The parents are so nice, nice. May the earth rest in peace for you, – laments the teacher of the deceased boy Alia D.
The driver’s wife who died was only 27 years old. Photo: social networks
– Sincere condolences to family and friends. A terrible tragedy that does not fit in my head. People, traffic rules are written in blood, follow them, please. After all, there is nothing to fix such a tragedy. Strength and patience to loved ones. Hold on, – regrets Nadia M.
KP-Ufa expresses its sincere condolences to the relatives of the deceased family.
The prohibition of dismissal and the extension of the August decree
To cope with the consequences of the Coronavirus emergency, the government has launched a series of measures aimed at protect employees. Among these, the prohibition of dismissal for economic reasons introduced by the Cura Italia decree. That ban was then further extended as of December 31, 2020 from the August decree, for employers who have not fully benefited from the wage integration treatments attributable to the emergency, or exemption from the payment of social security contributions. In addition, the pending dismissal procedures initiated after 23 February 2020 are suspended. by the end of the year there will be categories of workers who will be dismissed and others safe from surprises. The Labor Consultants have created a guide to understand what the rules are and define who risks and who is safe from surprises.
No CM Research this Wednesday we reveal the case of Ludmila, an official at the Lar de Reguengos de Monsaraz, who was one of the 18 deadly victims of the Covid-19 outbreak, in the tragedy that happened at the home of the Alentejo Foundation. The 42-year-old assistant leaves three younger children.
To read all CM Exclusives for the day 28.08.2020 enter your mobile number and click OK
Consult the MBway application on your mobile phone and accept the transaction
A McDonald’s employee was violently assaulted by a customer while waiting for her order in the UK.
A McDonald’s customer lashed out at an employee because she said her order was taking too long to arrive in the UK.
The assault took place in the parking lot of the fast food restaurant when the employee was delivering an order to the vehicle of another customer. A woman unhappy about not being served first then allegedly lashed out at a member of staff, according to the Mirror reports.
The victim’s daughter testified: “My mother was at work and there were a lot of people that day. Customers were asked to wait in the parking lot, ”she told LincolnshireLive. “My mother took her order to a man who was waiting, but the person sitting in the car next door mistreated her because they had not received their food.”
“The girl then spat on my mother and opened her car door. My mother immediately closed it because she knew she was angry, ”she continues. “The girl got out of her car and started kicking and punching her.”
“If the gentleman who had just received his order had not intervened, God knows what could have happened. My mom is now covered with bruises on her leg (photo) and has a swollen face ”.
The McDonald’s restaurant concerned by the case has contacted the police and an investigation is underway.
You work longer, you meet (virtually) a greater number of times and with more colleagues present and you exchange many, too many e-mails, almost all within the company. These are the first results – six months now from the start of the health crisis in the world – of the first effects of the lockdown, emptied offices and smartworking. To support him one joint search of 32 pages of New York University’s Stern School of Business and Harvard Business School for the US National Office of Economic Research.
The internal dynamics
The scholars analyzed the work habits of 3.1 million people in 16 cities (including Rome and Milan) in Europe, North America and the Middle East. The first conclusion – confirming the disappearance of the boundaries between home and work – that on average the working time is lengthened by 48 minutes and a half every day, equal to an increase of 8% compared to the pre-Covid pace. The number of meetings increased – by almost a fifth – (+ 17%), as well as the number of colleagues present in the various virtual meetings on Zoom or Teams (+ 14%). But, surprisingly, both the average duration of these meetings decreased (-21%) and the total time spent talking to others (-9%).
Also curious is the dynamics on e-mails (always in the workplace). The research argues that smartworking has led employees to send more emails within the company, but that by shifting the lens on emails sent outside, these have actually decreased – by 3% – a sign that the lockdown and the pandemic in general have reduced digital interactions outside the company. Working from home meant – confirms the American study – also being more attached to the mobile phone (and computer) beyond office hours, so much so that e-mails sent in the evening and at night have increased by 5%.
August 15, 2020 (change August 15, 2020 | 12:52 pm)
Failure to comply with anti-coronavirus measures has claimed another victim this week in our country …
An employee of an Aldi du Coq store, on the Belgian Coast, was violently attacked by a customer on Wednesday.
At around 12:45 p.m., the man reported to a customer that he could not enter the store with his wife and two children, as stipulated by rules imposed by the National Security Council to combat the spread of the coronavirus.
The customer obviously did not appreciate the remark and gave the employee a violent nudge in the stomach, before giving him a blow in the face. He then returned to his car and fled, with his family.
The police then took matters into their own hands and arrested the fugitive. Aged 44, he is known to the police. He was taken into custody, says Het Laatste Nieuws.