– This was a man who was incredibly rich and deep. He knew so much about man and culture, and his humor was the secret weapon, Susan Schneider Williams tells the American talk show and current affairs program Today on NBC.
The interview was given in connection with the documentary “Robin’s Wish”, which is about the actor’s fight against the disease, writes the magazine People.
According to police, it is likely that the actor took his own life. The actor struggled during periods of drug and alcohol problems, and he received treatment at a detox clinic in Minnesota.
In recent years, Wlliams has been given life treatment for major depression. Eventually it emerged that the 63-year-old also suffered from dementia. In addition, he had developed Parkinson’s disease.
The famous actor eventually lost the ability to think clearly, his memory failed, his vision was impaired and eventually he also lost control of his motor skills.
– His brain was under attack
According to Schneider Williams, Robin Williams was misdiagnosed. It turned out that he had developed Lewy body dementia, which is the second most common type of progressive dementia after Alzheimer’s disease. The widow must have become aware of this after reading the forensic doctor’s autopsy report.
– His brain was under attack, the widow says in a new documentary, writes Daily Mail.
She says that Robin Williams himself noticed that he gradually got worse, and that it triggered anxiety and despair.
– Robin and I knew that so much more was happening. Robin was right when he said to me, “I just want to restart my brain.” At that moment, I promised him that we would get to the bottom of this. But I did not know that it would happen after he passed away, says Schneider Williams.
Slept in their respective rooms: “Are we separated?”
In the time before the actor, they were recommended by a doctor to sleep in separate rooms to alleviate the husband’s sleep problems. This message is said to have strongly influenced Robin Williams
– He said to me: “Does that mean we are separated?” It was truly a shocking moment when your best friend, your partner, your love, discovers that there is a great abyss between us, but which you can not see, because it is not there in reality. It was a really difficult moment, says Susan Schneider Williams.
VIDEO: Had severe brain disease, several can be detected earlier
– He made us laugh, and he made us cry
The news of Williams’ death was received with shock and grief by both colleagues and fans around the world.
– He made us laugh, and he made us cry. He generously shared his immense talent with all those who needed it most, from our forces stationed abroad, to the outcasts on the streets, it was said in a statement from the then President of the United States Barack Obama.
Filmmaker Steven Spielberg described him as a genius in the comedy genre.
– Robin was a thunderstorm one of the actor, and our laughter was the thunder that kept him going. He was a friend, and I can not believe he is gone now, its Spielberg.
Married three times
Williams was married three times, leaving children Zachary, Zelda, and Alan.
Williams first broke through as a stand-up comedian in San Francisco, before getting roles in TV series and eventually becoming one of Hollywood’s most famous stars.
The big breakthrough came in the Oscar-nominated film “Good Morning, Vietnam” from 1987. Only ten years later he himself was awarded the Oscar for best supporting role in the film “The Unique Will Hunting”. He also had the lead role in the films «Mrs. Doubtfire »and« The day is yours ».
Throughout his career, Williams also won two Emmy Awards, four Golden Globe Awards, five Grammy Awards and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.
VIDEO: Actor Robin Williams is dead