Agus Salim Refuses Rp 13 Billion Donation for Lewotobi Tsunami Victims
JAKARTA, KOMPAS.com – Korban penyiraman air keras, Agus Salim, through his attorney Marlina, rejected a plan to donate Rp 13 billion to Lewotobi tsunami victims in East Nusa Tenggara (NTT). According to Marlina, Agus has not yet received the donation, which has been accumulating in a foundation for some time.
"We strongly reject this donation handover. If legally, the money is not Agus’ right, he is fine with it. But if it is his right, he will not give up his claim on the worldly life," Marlina said at Alvin Lim’s funeral home in Grand Heaven, Pluit, North Jakarta, on Monday (6/1/2025).
Agus Salim also expressed his disappointment with the plan. "I’m disappointed. Initially, it was agreed that the money would be given to me, but now suddenly it’s going to be redirected to Lewotobi," said Agus.
The Rp 13 billion donation has become a subject of controversy for several months. Previously, Denny Sumargo’s YouTube channel announced plans to redirect the donation to Lewotobi victims, a decision made by Novi and Gerry Julian, chairman of Yayasan Rumah Peduli Kemanusiaan.
Also read:
- Ucapkan Duka, Agus Salim Sebut Alvin Lim Sosok yang Membelanya
- Melayat ke Rumah Duka Alvin Lim, Agus Salim: Sedih Dengarnya, Turut Berduka
- Uang Donasi Dialihkan ke Korban Lewotobi, Kuasa Hukum Agus Salim: Kami Akan Lapor Polisi
Stay updated with breaking news and chosen articles on your phone. Choose your favorite news channels and access Kompas.com news via WhatsApp Channel: https://www.whatsapp.com/channel/0029VaFPbedBPzjZrk13HO3D. Make sure you have installed the WhatsApp app.
What are your thoughts on this donation controversy? Leave a comment below!
Kompas.id Article
Agus Salim rejected plans to donate Rp 13 billion from his personal donation to Lewotobi tsunami victims. Agus expressed disappointment with the decision, as previously agreed, the money was intended for him. However, Marlina confirmed that Agus has not yet received the donation.
The donation controversy has been ongoing for several months. Denny Sumargo’s YouTube channel recently announced plans to redirect the donation to Lewotobi victims, a decision made by Novi and Gerry Julian, chairman of Yayasan Rumah Peduli Kemanusiaan. Agus Salim, through his attorney Marlina, strongly rejects this plan and considers it a violation of the initial agreement.
What are your thoughts on this donation controversy? Leave a comment below!
This article is sponsored content. Kompas.com is not responsible for the content provided by external parties.
