Dies at 87 years old, Little Richard, legend of rock and roll

The american musician Richard Pennimanknown to the world by his stage name, Little Richard, and considered one of the great pioneers of the rock, has died at 87 years of age, according to have confirmed his relatives in the magazine Rolling Stone.

Richard, born in Macon (Georgia), in 1932, broke into stardom through the mixture of gospel and R&B to give way to a sound, fast and electric.

Leaves behind rhythms immortal as Tutti Frutti, Long Tall Sally in two years of splendor (1956 and 1957) that he earned as a driver for this sound, that would expand over the next few decades.

Richard is credited as an influence on international movements such as the british rock of The Beatles and the Rolling Stones, and during his career was accompanied by figures of the calibre of Jimi Hendrix.

His songs known versions of a whole spectrum of artists, from the Everly Brothers, the Kinks and Creedence Clearwater Revival to Elvis Costello and the Scorpions.

SOURCE: Europa Press

.

Coronavirus: 6-week-old baby dies from Covid-19 in the United States – Sudinfo.be

  1. Coronavirus: 6-week-old baby dies from Covid-19 in the United States Sudinfo.be
  2. More than 4,000 deaths recorded in hospitals in France dh.be
  3. LIVE – Coronavirus: over 200,000 cases listed in the United States LCI
  4. Coronavirus: France counts 509 new deaths in 24 hours Boursorama
  5. LIVE – Coronavirus: 509 new deaths in France, more than 6,000 people in intensive care Le Figaro
  6. See full coverage on Google News

.

Former English Premier League footballer Peter Whittingham dies nearly two weeks after the fall

updated

March 20, 2020 1:44:29 pm

Football fans are mourning the death of former English Premier League player Peter Whittingham, almost two weeks after suffering a severe head injury in a fall.

Peter Whittingham: 1984-2020

  • 2003-07: Aston Villa (56 games, 1 goal)
  • 2005: Burnley on loan
  • 2005: Derby County on loan
  • 2007-2017: Cardiff City (459 games, 98 goals)
  • 2017-18: Blackburn Rovers (20 games, 0 goals)
  • 2004-07: England under 21 side (17 appearances, 3 goals)

Whittingham, who retired from playing in 2018, had been in the hospital since his accidental fall in a pub in the city of Barry, South Wales, on March 7th.

His longtime club Cardiff confirmed his death in a statement, saying “we are heartbroken.”

“The news of Peter’s sudden and untimely death shook us to our very foundations. Our love is passed on to his wife Amanda, their young son and family,” said Cardiff.

“They are at the forefront of our thoughts and, in their name, we ask that their privacy be respected in this unfathomably cruel and difficult moment.”

A talented midfielder, Whittingham started his career with Aston Villa and later played 10 years in Cardiff.

During his stint at the club they reached a FA Cup final and a League Cup final, and won promotion to the EPL.

He also played for England’s under-21 team.

Cardiff described Whittingham as a “family man” who could “illuminate a room” with his humor and personality.

“So as a professional footballer – like Bluebird – he excelled with talent, ease, grace and humility. Nobody did better.

“Peter’s loss will be painfully felt by our city, supporters and everyone who has ever had the pleasure of meeting him. We love you Pete and your memory will remain eternally with us.”

The news adds to the hard 14 months at the club, after the death of the Italian footballer Emiliano Sala, who was on board a plane that crashed into the English Channel off the coast of Guernsey on a flight that took him from France to Wales to connect with Cardiff.

Sala was signed by Cardiff from the French club Nantes for £ 15m ($ 29.64m). His death resulted in a dispute between the two clubs for the payment of his transfer fee.

Current and former players have also paid tribute to Whittingham on social media.

Leicester City and England player James Maddison said he had “the greatest respect for his footballing prowess and that left foot wand that scored so many free kicks that I loved seeing.”

Former Aston Villa striker Juan Pablo Angel tweeted: “Gone too early my friend, what a beautiful left foot #RIP My thoughts are with his family and loved ones in this difficult time. #AVFC”.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who worked with Whittingham in Cardiff, joined the tributes.

“Peter was a fantastic footballer and an incredible human being,” he said.

“It is difficult to believe that it was taken away from us at a young age. Peter will be greatly missed and our thoughts are with his family in this very sad moment.”

ABC / AP

Themes:

sport,

football,

English-premier,

UK,

Wales,

England

First published

March 20, 2020 12:51:17 pm

.

An athlete of a cardiac arrest in the ‘Top of the Rock’ dies

Athletics

Test in a marathon / Archive
Try a marathon / Archive

He collapsed at kilometer 1.5 of the second stage of the competition

EFECastellón

Kike Monforte, a 49-year-old athlete and former soccer player in teams such as Acero, Vall d, Uxó, Vinaròs or the Castellón amateur, died this Saturday as a result of a cardiorespiratory arrest while participating in the ‘Top of the Rock’ race .

Sources from the Emergency Information and Coordination Center (CICU) reported that they received at 9:40 a call to attend a man who had suffered the stop while participating in a sporting event in Les Useres.

A medicalized helicopter and a SAMU arrived to the place and the cardiopulmonary resuscitation maneuvers initiated by the health care of the competition were continued, but the athlete died.

Monforte was a regular runner and had responsibilities in the organization of the Castellón marathon, as well as being the brother of Sara Monforte, former international soccer player and current coach of the Villarreal CF women’s team

.

At least five suspected COVID-19 patients have died in Indonesia: what we know so far – National

Indonesia has confirmed four cases of the 2019 coronavirus novel (COVID-19), but doubts remain about the accuracy of tests performed by the Ministry of Health laboratory.

At least five people suspected of having COVID-19 have died since late February before authorities finally announced two confirmed cases on Monday. Some of the suspected patients died pending the test results, although in the end all tests were negative.

In one case, a health official even admitted the possibility of incorrect test results.

Foreign envoys reportedly questioned the country’s testing capabilities, while experts urged the government to work with independent laboratories and send samples to other countries for comparison.

It was only after the country’s first confirmed cases that the Ministry of Health announced its decision to assign regional laboratories to test people suspected of carrying the new coronavirus.

Read also: Indonesia to test more people for COVID-19

Indonesia has tested 227 specimens since Thursday evening, excluding at least 257 people evacuated from cruise ships that are currently quarantined on the island of Sebaru off the coast of Jakarta.

Here are five cases in which patients suspected of having COVID-19 died across the country, but whose tests would have tested negative.

1. Singapore man in Batam, Riau Islands

The first death was reported in Batam, in the Riau islands, where a 61-year-old Singapore citizen suspected of having the virus died on February 22 at the coronavirus reference BP Batam hospital.

The man was initially admitted to Awal Bros hospital in the city two days earlier. He was eventually referred to the isolation ward of BP Batam hospital for showing symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever and shortness of breath. He was in Singapore days before being hospitalized.

Batam Port Health Office (KKP) head Achmad Farchanny confirmed to To send that patient samples were sent to Jakarta on February 21 to be tested at the Ministry of Health laboratory. The patient, however, died on February 22, before the laboratory returned negative results.

AA, 66 years old, a Singapore male patient suspected of COVID-19, who died in Batam on 22 February, buried in Batam on Wednesday evening in a quiet funeral. 
AA, 66 years old, a Singapore male patient suspected of COVID-19, who died in Batam on 22 February, buried in Batam on Wednesday evening in a quiet funeral.
(JP / Fadli)

The Batam Health Agency soon announced that Singapore had died of “another disease”. However, the Ministry of Health ordered the Riau Islands Health Agency on Monday to observe people who had had contact with the late patient.

The head of the Riau Islands Health Agency, Tjeptjep Yudiana, said that measures were necessary as there was a possibility of erroneous results from the test, saying, “There could be errors. We are just humans.”

As a result, reportedly 33 people were observed in contact with the patient and tested, including doctors, nurses, room service staff and drivers, while the patient’s wife and two daughters were also monitored.

Read also: Singapore man previously suspected of COVID-19 buried in Batam

2. Male patient in Semarang, Central Java

A male patient suspected of COVID-19 died on February 23 at the Kariadi Central General Hospital in Semarang, Central Java, after being treated in an isolation room for almost a week.

The patient reportedly returned to Indonesia on February 12 from Spain via Dubai and experienced COVID-19 symptoms after his arrival, including fever, cough and shortness of breath. He was hospitalized on February 17 and transferred to an isolation room two days later.

Doctors at the Kariadi hospital said that the patient’s test results turned negative the day after his cremation. They said then that the patient had died of bronchopneumonia.

Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto said on February 27 that the man had tested positive for the H1N1 virus, which is a known cause for swine flu.

Terawan said both viruses were similar in terms of symptoms, adding that the patient’s body was treated in accordance with the protocol established to contain H1N1.

Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto speaks to the press at the isolation building of the Sulianti Saroso Hospital (RSPI Sulianti Suroso) in Jakarta on Monday 2 March 2020. The Minister of Health stated that two Indonesian citizens were positively affected by the corona virus and who were currently in the isolation room of the RSPI Sulianti Saroso.Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto speaks to the press at the isolation building of the Sulianti Saroso Hospital (RSPI Sulianti Suroso) in Jakarta on Monday 2 March 2020. The Minister of Health stated that two Indonesian citizens were positively affected by the corona virus and who were currently in the isolation room of the RSPI Sulianti Saroso. (JP / Seto Wardhana)

3. Male patient in Cianjur, West Java

A 50-year-old male suspected of having COVID-19 died on Tuesday at Dr. Hafiz General Hospital in Cianjur, West Java, a few weeks after his trip to Malaysia.

The man, an employee of the state-owned telecommunications company Telkom, had been in Malaysia from February 14-17 and started developing symptoms on February 20, according to current regent Cianjur Herman Suherman.

Herman said the patient was treated in a hospital in Bekasi, West Java from February 22-26 before going to Cianjur on February 29 for a vacation and seeking help from a traditional doctor.

In Cianjur, the patient’s health declined significantly and was rushed to the isolation room of Dr. Hafiz General Hospital on March 1st.

The Secretary General of the Ministry of Health’s Directorate for Disease Control and Prevention, Achmad Yurianto, denied that the patient had died from COVID-19. He added, however, that the ministry should first ask the hospital for the true cause of the patient’s death.

Telkom released a statement following the patient’s death, stating that his medical records showed a history of inflammation in the respiratory tract and common colds.

Read also: Indonesia launches official protocols for the COVID-19 epidemic

4. Patient with COVID-19 contact history in Jakarta

A 65-year-old patient suspected of having contracted COVID-19 died on Thursday at the Sulianti Saroso Hospital for Infectious Diseases (RSPI Sulianti Saroso) in Jakarta.

RSPI director Sulianti Saroso Mohammad Syahril said that the patient had been in contact with people who came from a country with confirmed cases of COVID-19 and was already suffering from a basic medical condition, including high blood pressure kompas.com reported.

A security staff walks past the isolation room of the Sulianti Saroso infection hospital in Jakarta on Monday. The government has appointed 100 hospitals as referral centers in an attempt to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus during the global outbreak.A security staff walks past the isolation room of the Sulianti Saroso infection hospital in Jakarta on Monday. The government has appointed 100 hospitals as referral centers in an attempt to prevent the spread of the new coronavirus during the global outbreak. (JP / Seto Wardhana)

The patient was transferred from a private hospital to RSPI Sulianti Saroso while he was deteriorating and needed respiratory support.

Yurianto stated that the deceased patient had tested negative for COVID-19 but showed signs of suffering from bacterial sepsis from pneumonia.

Read also: The first Indonesian COVID-19 patients who are recovering, says the hospital

5. Patient in Yogyakarta

A 74-year-old patient suspected of having COVID-19 died Thursday at Dr. Sardjito General Hospital in Yogyakarta after returning from Umra (minor haj). During the trip, the patient also had a one-night stopover in Malaysia.

The Antara news agency reported that the patient was transferred from the regional general hospital of Yogyakarta (RSUD Yogyakarta) to the isolation ward of Sardjito hospital on Monday. The patient suffered from breathing difficulties, coughs and fever.

The patient died hours before the test results tested negative for COVID-19 and also for Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) on Thursday evening.

The hospital’s pulmonologist, Munawar Gani, said the patient had suffered from pneumonia caused by the klebsiella bacteria. He said the patient was improving before suffering sudden cardiac arrest, of which the patient also had a history, cited Antara. (ARS)

.

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute student dies of flu when rescuers can’t find him

First responders failed to find Yeming Shen due to the fact that his 911 phone call on February 10 was not reasonable and also had been made on his cell phone issued abroad which was barely deductible in a location – not an address of detail – in the city of Troy with numerous apartments, said Captain Steven Barker on Friday.

Officers and even firefighters went around knocking on the doors of houses near the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, but could not find the boy, who called 911 at 11 am.

At around 5.45pm, Shen’s roommate returned to his home, found him dead, and also called 911, Barker said. A first post-mortem examination determined that flu died, Richard Crist, Rensselaer County procedures supervisor, claimed earlier this month.

“The accident draws attention to the severity of the flu and the devastating effects it can have,” said Barker. “We continue to extend our thoughts to Mr. Shen’s family and friends, as well as to the rescuers involved in the accident.”

An internal review found that the authorities embarked on ideal activities and even surpassed typical assumptions, he said.

The problem with mapping the 911 call was that Shen was using a Chinese cell phone and also a Chinese service provider that allowed him to use a phone number with a city code that wasn’t linked to a regional address, said Barker. The calls were directed to his Chinese number, however the 911 dispatcher can only see the neighborhood number.

Checks with cell phone operators and even home administration to get an address linked to the New York number have been made available, including.

The 911 dispatcher was unable to understand Shen, argued Barker.

“The sounds were incomprehensible. This could be due to a potential language barrier, Mr. Shen’s flu symptoms or both, “he said. Shen, who had actually remained in China, had remained in the United States for more than a year, CNN reported.

According to the college, Shen was assisting his doctorate in selected scientific research and also designed systems focused on banning synergistic networks. He received his master’s degree in functional research studies and also cybernetics and also his degree in mathematics from Sun Yat-Sen University in Guangzhou, China, said the college.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Yeming’s family, classmates, friends and teachers. We are all saddened by the loss of one of ours. Please support each other in this difficult time,” he said. institution president Shirley Ann Jackson in an email to trainees and also professors.

One of Shen’s teachers, Thomas Sharkey, created in the college newspaper that Shen was using “his extraordinary mathematical mind” to produce new approaches to disrupt multinational crime networks.

“Simply put, I believe the legacy of his research is that it will make the world a better place,” created Sharkey.

The flu season 2019-2020, which started on September 29, is expected to be among the most terrible for a year, according to the National Institute of Allergy and also infectious diseases

At least 29 million people in the United States actually got the flu and even a minimum of 16,000 people actually died, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported.

Link to the source

Post views: 5

.