The Porto assumes the withdrawal of Casillas

The president of Porto, Jorge Nuno Pinto da Costa, hinted that the club has assumed the withdrawal of Spanish goalkeeper Iker Casillas after the heart attack he suffered two weeks ago and admitted that he is already looking for a substitute.

"We have an extra problem with Casillas, with whom we had renewed and we would not need a goalkeeper, now we think that we are going to need it, we are also dealing with that case," he said in an interview published on Wednesday by the Portuguese newspaper "O Jogo".

Neither the club nor the player, who turns 38 next week, have confirmed their future, but Porto are already looking for another goalkeeper for next season.

Casillas suffered an acute myocardial infarction on May 1 during a training session and had to be admitted to hospital at the CUF Hospital in Oporto, where he underwent catheterization.

The player left the hospital on the 6th and admitted that he did not know what would happen to his future but that the important thing was to have overcome his medical problem.

"I feel much better, it will be a rest for a couple of weeks or even a couple of months, the truth is that I do not care, the important thing is to be here," he said.

The Porto medical team had already warned that his return to professional football would depend on the recovery process, the reaction to the medication and the player's own will. .

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.