Walmart and Target Take New Steps to Face Covid-19 Pandemic – Telemundo Miami (51)

Target and Walmart supermarkets announce the entry into force of new measures that will be implemented starting this Saturday to combat the coronavirus crisis, a pandemic that has already claimed the lives of 191 people.

The new measures include more protection for employees, fewer customers inside stores and lines at the main entrance to enter, the idea is to comply with the recommendation of social distancing to the letter.

Men go out to the supermarket and women stay home.

As COVID-19 gains ground, restrictions in stores and supermarkets become more necessary. The concern is not only in guaranteeing the supply of basic products for the home, the protection of its workers and clients, it becomes an urgent need in the current emergency..

“I think the measures are fine, one should protect oneself and take care of the other,” said Francisco Trul, a Miami Garden resident.

In a statement, Walmart noted that as of today, Saturday: “Stores will now allow no more than five customers per 1,000 square feet at any given time, approximately 20 percent of a store’s capacity.”.

They both worked at the same store in Illinois. Neither had been to the store in more than a week, the company said.

Simultaneously Target announced that it “will actively supervise and when necessary limit the total number of people inside based on the specific square footage of the store.”.

These measures are implemented just when the United States took the lead in the number of people infected with Coronavirus worldwide.

In the current emergency after a store is at its maximum capacity, customers will be admitted on a “1-out-1-in” basis (one leaves one enters), that means that the same number of customers leaving will be the same that they enter.

.

Leave a Comment