Jilin largely sealed off in China


In Beijing too, people wear face masks to protect themselves against the corona virus.
Picture: AFP

After Wuhan, there are now new corona infection foci in another metropolis in China. Jilin, in the northeast of the country, was therefore largely closed off.

I.In China, the authorities have once again largely sealed off a metropolis due to the corona risk. The four million or so residents of Jilin in the northeast of the country can only leave the city if they have a negative corona test and are in quarantine, the administration said on Wednesday. The bus and train connections of the industrial city a good thousand kilometers from Beijing are suspended, and cinemas and fitness studios also had to close.

In the suburbs of Jilin, a new infection focus with 21 cases had become known over the weekend. The city administration called the situation “very serious”. There is a high risk of infection.

New infections had also previously been registered in the Chinese city of Wuhan. The authorities ordered all eleven million residents to be tested. In the central Chinese industrial metropolis, the novel corona virus was first detected in humans at the end of 2019. The curfew, which lasted around two months, was only lifted about a month ago.

Recently six new corona cases have been reported in Wuhan. These were residents who were already in quarantine with asymptomatic courses and have now tested positive. All six appeared in the same residential complex. These are the first cases of new infection since Wuhan lifted the curfew on April 8 after 76 days.

.

Metropolitan city of Jilin in China largely sealed off due to corona risk


In Beijing too, people wear face masks to protect themselves against the corona virus.
Picture: AFP

After Wuhan, there are now new corona infection foci in another metropolis in China. Jilin, in the northeast of the country, was therefore largely closed off.

I.In China, the authorities have once again largely sealed off a metropolis due to the corona risk. The four million or so residents of Jilin in the northeast of the country can only leave the city if they have a negative corona test and are in quarantine, the administration said on Wednesday. The bus and train connections of the industrial city a good thousand kilometers from Beijing are suspended, and cinemas and fitness studios also had to close.

In the suburbs of Jilin, a new infection focus with 21 cases had become known over the weekend. The city administration called the situation “very serious”. There is a high risk of infection.

New infections had also previously been registered in the Chinese city of Wuhan. The authorities ordered all eleven million residents to be tested. In the central Chinese industrial metropolis, the novel corona virus was first detected in humans at the end of 2019. The curfew, which lasted around two months, was only lifted about a month ago.

.

COVID-19 High Threat Zone Reappears in China

On December 31, 2019, the Chinese authorities informed the World Health Organization about an outbreak of unknown pneumonia in the city of Wuhan in the central part of the country (Hubei Province). Experts found that the causative agent of the disease was a new coronavirus, later the disease was officially named COVID-19. WHO on March 11 announced the pandemic of a new coronavirus in the world. On March 29, the State Health Committee of the PRC announced that the spread of the epidemic in the country as a whole had stopped.

.

Wuhan authorities reveal details of newly discovered cases of COVID-19

BEIJING, May 10 – RIA Novosti. The 89-year-old elderly man turned out to be the newest case of coronavirus infection in Wuhan, which became the focus of COVID-19, in addition, 16 asymptomatic people were also identified in the city per day, according to a report from the Wuhan Health Committee.

No new infections were reported in Wuhan after April 4, Wuhan was recognized as a low-threat area on April 18, and the last patient with coronavirus infection was discharged from the city hospital on April 26.

However, earlier on Sunday, the State Health Committee of China announced that in Wuhan, a new case of infection has been identified over the past 24 hours, as well as 16 asymptomatic cases.

According to the Wuhan City Health Committee, the disease turned out to be an 89-year-old elderly man who suffers from hypertension and also polycystic. It is reported that after January 25, he did not leave the residential complex in which he lives. On March 17, he had a fever, chills, for 10 days the man took the medicine at home, after which the symptoms disappeared, did not seek medical help, on April 15 the patient lost his appetite, and on May 6, accompanied by the housekeeping staff, the man was taken to the hospital, where he they did a nucleic acid test, on May 7 came the test results, which turned out to be positive, on May 9 a second test also turned out to be positive, the doctors diagnosed coronavirus infection.

The test for the nucleic acid of the patient’s wife turned out to be positive, and the daughter’s test was negative, both have no symptoms. The wife was qualified as asymptomatic infected.

In the residential complex where the patient lived, 20 confirmed cases of infection with COVID-19 were previously registered, according to experts, the source of infection was most likely the previous cases.

After the man confirmed the diagnosis, the experts conducted an epidemiological investigation, during which five more asymptomatic infected were identified in a residential complex.

In total, over the past day, in 16 different areas of the city, 16 asymptomatic carriers of coronavirus infection were detected.

The Chinese authorities do not include in the general statistics of asymptomatic carriers in which the tests for nucleic viral acid are positive, but have no symptoms, and re-qualify them only when they show symptoms.

Currently, 616 asymptomatic carriers of the virus remain under the supervision of doctors throughout Hubei.

During the epidemic in Hubei, 68 129 cases of infection were detected (50 334 – Wuhan), 63 616 recovered (46 464), 4 512 died (3 869 in Wuhan).

.

“Enormous evidence” that Corona exited a laboratory in Wuhan

WashingtonOn Sunday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed that “there is a tremendous amount of evidence” that the source of the Covid-19 epidemic is a laboratory in Wuhan, China.

He told ABC that “there is a tremendous amount of evidence indicating that this is its source”, but he declined to comment on the hypothesis that its publication was intentional.

US President Donald Trump has become increasingly critical of China’s role in the epidemic, which has infected nearly 3.5 million people and claimed more than 240,000 lives worldwide.

Trump insisted that Beijing hid important information about the outbreak and demanded that it be held accountable.

News reports said that Trump has entrusted US spies with the mission of finding the source of the virus, which has been blamed for spreading it to a market in Wuhan that sells exotic animals such as bats to eat. It is now believed that the new corona may have leaked from a nearby laboratory conducting virus-related research.

Pompeo, who was director of the Central Intelligence Agency, told ABC that he agreed with the US intelligence community’s statement that is consistent with “broad scientific consensus on the issue that the virus (causing) Covid-19 is neither human-made nor genetically modified. “.

But he has gone further than Trump, citing “an overwhelming number of important evidence” that Wuhan’s laboratory is the source of the virus.

“I think the whole world can now see and remember that China has a history of transmitting infection to the world and operating non-standards laboratories,” he said.

He believed that Chinese attempts to downplay the virus amounted to “a classic communist attempt to mislead. This caused tremendous danger.”

“President Trump is very clear (in what he said): We will hold those responsible accountable,” he said.

.

Pushkov praised Pompeo’s words about China’s concealment of the situation with coronavirus

MOSCOW, May 3 – RIA Novosti. Russian Senator Alexei Pushkov commented on the words of US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo that Washington has evidence that China has concealed data on an outbreak of coronavirus infection.

Pushkov emphasized that in this situation the main issue is what the American side seeks to extract from the conflict.

“Most likely, the White House needs it to achieve its internal goal – the victory of Trump in the election,” he suggested.

The MP added that in a similar way, the United States creates an “external enemy effect”.

Pompeo previously said that Beijing allegedly intentionally hid data on the spread of infection and conducted a “disinformation campaign”. According to him, there is a large amount of evidence of this, and some of them are in the public domain. The US Secretary of State added that over time, Washington will punish the “perpetrators of this.”

White House head Donald Trump has already stated that Washington is considering a version that a new type of coronavirus was created artificially in Wuhan. At the same time, the Chinese authorities have repeatedly emphasized that from the very beginning of the epidemic they took an open and responsible position regarding informing the world community about the spread of infection.

An outbreak of pneumonia of unknown origin in Wuhan became known at the end of December 2019. Scientists have established the causative agent of the disease – this is the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. In early March, the World Health Organization acknowledged its outbreak as a pandemic. According to WHO, more than 3.3 million people are infected with the virus, of which over 238 thousand have died.

.

WHO, ‘the virus is of natural origin’ – Last Hour

(ANSA) – GENEVA, MAY 1 – WHO has reaffirmed its origins
natural coronavirus after the President of the States
United Donald Trump has re-launched the thesis that Covid-19 is
was originated in the Wuhan virology lab.

Asked by a journalist during a press conference
in Geneva, the Organization’s director of emergencies
World Health Michael Ryan repeated that “as far as
it’s about the origin of the virus in Wuhan, we’ve listened to many
scientists who studied this virus and we are sure it is
of natural origin. “” Our main goal – has
continued – it is to understand how
transmission from animal to man, or how it was
crossed the barrier between animal and human species “.

RESERVED REPRODUCTION © Copyright ANSA