The program of this 14th of July 2018
The Committee decided to organize very sober ceremonies, in accordance with the wishes of the associations and families of the victims.
• The morning :
• 9h: Victims tribute ceremony on July 14, 2016 at Villa Massena
• 9:05: Enumeration of victims’ names by actors.
• 9:15 : Moment of silence
• 9:16: Speech: representatives of the families, the mayor and representatives of the State
• At the end, songs La Marseillaise and Nissa La Bella sung
• Filing by families and authorities a white rose on the memorial.
• 10:30 am Interfaith ceremony at Villa Masséna:
• Ceremony organized under the aegis of Alpes-Maritimes Fraternité, in memory of all the victims of July 14, 2016, reserved for families and associations of victims, in the presence of the representatives of the cults who will read texts.
• In front of the stage, 86 candles lighting
– 10:50 am: At the end of the speeches, gathering personalities and families
• The afternoon :
• July 14 parade on the Promenade des Anglais, facing the Centennial Monument.
• The evening :
9:15 pm: Concert of the Philharmonic Orchestra on the Mist Space (Promenade du Paillon, within the Nice Jazz Festival)
End of the accompaniment concert by Patrick Fiori
22:30: Instrumental version of Calogero’s “Fireworks” by the orchestra
10:34 pm: Let go of balloons on the space of the mists
22:34: Illumination of 86 light beams – Promenade des Anglais.
No fireworks this year
In agreement with the representatives of the families of victims, it was decided that the traditional fireworks of 14 July will have new place from 2019 and will be shot on July 15th. This decision makes react on social networks: